搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
楼主: 白马西北驰

[[本园活动]] Glede's Mailbox [老鹰信箱:长期活动,欢迎参加]

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-9-18 11:46:01 | 显示全部楼层

Re:Interpretation to Harmoniousness

引用第39楼glen1111于2008-09-17 14:37发表的 Interpretation to Harmoniousness :
Long past in the Spring and Autumn Period, Confucius had brought out his views of “和”, which should be the earliest form of harmoniousness.
I admire Confucius for he was a great teacher.

But I would like to view the combined ideogram of the plant and mouth in a more existential way.

We are warned of passing moral judgment without knowing our own standing can always be doubted. Sure, even if a wonderful mind like Nietzsche can only go to the extend to point out the revaluation of good and evil. Being critical, I say please examine our own will before trying to impose to others.

While Confucius was saying "be different and harmony, that's gentleman", we should always let the liberal ideas blossom.

Yet again, I am not saying you are misinterpreting for all interpretations are bound to somehow missing some points, a blanket clause is of no much better in helping.

I am sure there are more interpretations of harmony. Let us hear the music!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-9-27 14:35:49 | 显示全部楼层

To the Manager and Moderators

Forums basically develop in such an order: first initiation, promotion, becoming matured, and declining, in which there are three kinds of people involved in: web friends, moderators and managers, all of these people form a society of co-habitation. Problem may arise from any one tache.

Moderator of course plays a very important role in the forum. The knowledge level, qualification and sense of responsibility of moderators all function in different stages of forum development. Moderator should keep one thing in mind that he is always a friend of the web friends. He provides them selfishless service. Of course, being a moderator is also a good chance to make friends, exhibit your charm, and examine and fully use your knowledge reserve. What moderators behave does not surely symbolize a true him, sometime there may be cheating, friendliness, challenge or something else. But remember that your management decides how your forum develops, decides the style and destiny of your forum.

As a manager, you must be clear that you should guide the web friends. You can never hope the mass to develop topics you intended automatically. Where you intend your forum to go decides if it will be a forum of characteristic or not. But how to lead the mass to raise topics as you had planned is a question. You should always keep contact with moderators, who as the managers in the lower level will of course be more clear of the orientation of the mass topics, to which you may give your advice and guidance.

Of course, the managers and moderators in freeread.net are so matured and experienced. I really hope the forum will continue to prosper under their management.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-10-10 19:37:55 | 显示全部楼层

Re:Re:Interpretation to Harmoniousness

引用第40楼liumx2000于2008-09-18 11:46发表的 Re:Interpretation to Harmoniousness :

I admire Confucius for he was a great teacher.

But I would like to view the combined ideogram of the plant and mouth in a more existential way.

In my view, Laozi had some ideas similar to "和", the ideogram of “rice and mouth" as you put it. For instance, “上善若水 水善利万物而不争 处众人之所恶 故几于道”,“挫其锐 解其纷 和其光 同其尘,”so on and so forth. Lao zi said “古之善为士者 微妙元通 深不可识.” Perhaps his idea was more advanced than those ideas of harmony?

I am grateful to all the friends who are concerning themselves with this mailbox. I am sorry I haven't kept the procedure run properly.

This semester, I am assigned to four new classes. It's no mean feast.

This activity, however, is free and open. Just take part in and enjoy it.

I will look for a proper way to award the participants as soon as I have enough time.

Thank you, all the friends!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-10-22 13:02:37 | 显示全部楼层
I've not written in readfree for quite a while, busy in the thesis writing on Homer, it is not as convincing as I first intented to write, and it is not in good shape neither. Anyhow I shall push it through for the winter presentation session.

Meanwhile my tiny daughter, who fight hard in the incubator, is gaining weight, she is 1.205kg as of yesterday. But thesetback is on her breathing, she was on nasal CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) for about a week but her nose cannot take it no more. And she is back to the ETT (Endotracheal Tube) which she had for the first month. Anyway, she is doing great for the past 2 months.

p/s:
I admire Laozi even more since he is said to be teacher to the great teacher! :-) I've even dedicate my less then 2 years column on a Malaysian Chinese daily to his "言者不知" as the column title. You can read it at http://ignorantspeaker.blogspot.com.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-8 10:37:52 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Glede,
   I'm very happy to be here to write to you with an excited mood. As one of the readers and users in our bbs, i really benefits a lot because of you. Thanks a million for your geat contribution to Readfree. You really give us much appiness and surpriseness.
   Today i know something more about your softwares again , it is really useful to us.
   Nay you have a nice day!!!

yours sincerely
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-8 10:54:52 | 显示全部楼层
We aim to encourage  总感觉鬼怪 ,我们目的激励  中国式的

i think the glede's soft is very good. easy and useful.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-12-17 10:39:36 | 显示全部楼层
Hmm, it does seem that not many write to this big bird lately, so I shall take up another "floor" to share with you my self-centred latest update.

Presented my thesis entitled "Discussion on 'Multiple Angers' Problem in Iliad Book A" 2 weeks ago, such an odd title it is. It did not get good respond from the examining commitee and still awaiting the approval, good thing is they did not reject it right away so I still stand a chance to obtain my master degree by the year end. Though time.

By the way, my daughter is discharged from the hospital last week, she is doing great, she can suckle and breath on her own now. I think she should be 2kg today, can't confirm yet until the afternoon when she go for the 1st check-up in hospital.

I am glad that things are going towards the bright side.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-1 09:59:44 | 显示全部楼层
Me again!

Since today is so special, sort of myday since I am not very intelligent, or more directly, a Fool.

Nay. I still didn't earn enough privilege here to start reading some Glede's group thread to judge which software to buy. But yes, I earned my master degree end of 2008. Took the certificate last month.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-10-2 04:18:34 | 显示全部楼层
Today is the National Day. On this specific day we should have a deep reflection about our nation's development since the year 1949. We can consider from these two particular perspectives: material and spiritual.
  Materially we seem to have made dramatic progress, especially after the establishment of the Open policy by the great leader Deng Xiaoping . However, we also paid much for the gain. Our environment has almost all been polluted or affected by the industrial production, whether seriously or slightly. We cannot renew the pure environment even if we would like to pay all the money that we have earned in our production. Another tragic thing is: many workers' health was severely damaged for lack of proper protection while working. What's more, there seems to be more dangerous infectious diseases at present, such as Sars or A/H1N1 flu, which indicates the possible great diaster for all of us.
  The other one is the spiritual perspective. Are we feeling much happier now than in the past? Have we improved our spiritual life? Do the people become more virtuous than the time previous to 1949? In a way, the answers are not so optimistic. People in the great number feel the tense and burden of modern time. For example, the three topics which are frequently touched upon are: the education, the medication and the housing. It seemt that only the rich people could enjoy the luxury of modern life, though they also suffer their own corresponding troubles. Morally modern men have degenerated too much. Sex is overflowing in the internet , media or books. Delinquency is a rising and unsolvable problem in our society. More and More people feel empty even if they could have more sensual gratification or indulgence.Compared with the western developed countries, we fell behind quite a lot, particulary in establishment of the individual independent thinking system.
  All in all, we still have a long to go, especially in the spiritual field.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-10-2 04:20:26 | 显示全部楼层
Today is the National Day. On this specific day we should have a deep reflection about our nation's development since the year 1949. We can consider from these two particular perspectives: material and spiritual.
  Materially we seem to have made dramatic progress, especially after the establishment of the Open policy by the great leader Deng Xiaoping . However, we also paid much for the gain. Our environment has almost all been polluted or affected by the industrial production, whether seriously or slightly. We cannot renew the pure environment even if we would like to pay all the money that we have earned in our production. Another tragic thing is: many workers' health was severely damaged for lack of proper protection while working. What's more, there seems to be more dangerous infectious diseases at present, such as Sars or A/H1N1 flu, which indicates the possible great diaster for all of us.
  The other one is the spiritual perspective. Are we feeling much happier now than in the past? Have we improved our spiritual life? Do the people become more virtuous than the time previous to 1949? In a way, the answers are not so optimistic. People in the great number feel the tense and burden of modern time. For example, the three topics which are frequently touched upon are: the education, the medication and the housing. It seemt that only the rich people could enjoy the luxury of modern life, though they also suffer their own corresponding troubles. Morally modern men have degenerated too much. Sex is overflowing in the internet , media or books. Delinquency is a rising and unsolvable problem in our society. More and More people feel empty even if they could have more sensual gratification or indulgence.Compared with the western developed countries, we fell behind quite a lot, particulary in establishment of the individual independent thinking system.
  All in all, we still have a long way to go, especially in the spiritual field.
回复

使用道具 举报

readlucky 该用户已被删除
发表于 2010-8-2 14:34:30 | 显示全部楼层
This is my first time to come here,and so happy that i fauond the real place to study english .All the way i never give up stuaying english ,though i don;t have chance to ues it in work.But sadly speaking, it seems that i don;t have a big progress on my english.
     Today, i finaily find a good way to study english. Hopefully somebody will be friends with me ,and we study together to make a big progress on english .
回复

使用道具 举报

readlucky 该用户已被删除
发表于 2010-8-2 14:37:01 | 显示全部楼层
maybe my computer have some probloms ,i don't have sent it tree times ,pls fogive me
回复

使用道具 举报

readlucky 该用户已被删除
发表于 2010-8-2 14:43:29 | 显示全部楼层
This is my first time to come here,and so happy that i fauond the real place to study english .All the way i never give up stuaying english ,though i don;t have chance to ues it in work.But sadly speaking, it seems that i don;t have a big progress on my english.
     Today, i finaily find a good way to study english. Hopefully somebody will be friends with me ,and we study together to make a big progress on english .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-4-10 15:47:32 | 显示全部楼层
英语不会说,进来认识集团高级人物
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-24 14:40:49 | 显示全部楼层
Dear, Mr. Glede, although Readfree.Net (this forum) is one of the oldest internet communities who dedicate to tie ever-increasing learners together, it hasn't gained the increase over many many years, don't you have any plan to promote its influence more and more popular ? thanks
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-7 06:21:40 | 显示全部楼层
引用第1楼josephe于2008-08-07 12:15发表的 :

A spelling fault (may-be spelling error), please correct it.

Sorry for digging out old posts,
this should be simply called "typo" rather than anything else  
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-11-3 19:13:50 | 显示全部楼层
survey about正确
BNC 中就有七个例子
http://corpus.byu.edu/bnc/
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 23:38 , Processed in 0.386684 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.