注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 2196|回复: 29

[[小语种资源]] 第四期论坛英语辩论活动(2个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-12-28 20:18:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第四期论坛英语辩论活动(2个威望)

活动说明:1.按照辩论要求,会员用英语发表对问题的看法,力求新颖,独到,发言以跟帖方式进行,发言不要太多,少于500词,严禁无内容灌水,同意或反对谁的观点都要说明白理由.灌水帖将不通知删除,多次灌水的会员扣1个威望,请注意!
   2.活动暂时定为1周一次,待本次活动结束将对此活动规则进行完善.

奖励办法:对勇于发言,观点较新,英语水平较高的会员由本版主综合以上几个方面评选出5位并各奖励1个威望.原来想只奖励论坛币,请求还没有答复,暂时以威望作为奖励,大家不要错过时机啊.希望大家积极参与.
对活动有好的建议的可以将建议写在活动规则置顶帖中.

评委:montana,sddz

声明:本活动最终解释权归班主.

经过本人和montana版主协商,威望定为1个威望,请大家谅解!!!!!

辩论难度较大,看大家的水平了.2个威望!

辩论题目:人性本善
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-29 05:03:08 | 显示全部楼层
Why we say that the original humanity is kindness? Why? I don’t think so.
I have an example of my own experience. This august, I was in Holland and I spent my weekend in traveling. One Friday, after my day work I decided to go to Hague. I didn’t book a hotel and arrived Hague almost ten o’clock. Hague is a small beautiful city and I decided to walk around to find a hotel. But I hadn’t found a hotel till 11 o’clock. So I asked a girl for this. When I asked, an enthusiastic Negro told me he could lead me to a small hotel. I walked with him for 5 minutes and I still can’t see the hotel. It’s eleven o’clock and there were a few people on the street. I was afraid and found a reason to stop.  The Negro was very angry and when I asked another people, the hotel is on the way for another 5 minutes walk.
I think about this, if we say man is kindness, why was I afraid?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-12-29 12:50:36 | 显示全部楼层
楼上的朋友,写的很好!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-29 13:04:24 | 显示全部楼层
This time I take the positive side. I believe one’s original humanity to be good.
The strongest evidence to underlie my viewpoint is the theory of physiology. In consequence of evolution, all traits of living things have been geared to suit for its growth and development. It has been proven by a series of studies that being good helps for one’s health and vice versa. Everyone should have the experience of feeling happy and gratified after giving a hand to others, and thinking all day of framing somebody else , if ever, will spoil your sleep and appetite.  As a creature, man is born to be good, which accords with his normal physiological development and benefits him psychologically and then physically.  
  Yyh1999’s story is not a convincing example, from which the only thing I know is that he’s incredulous. Is he born so? No, a child is credulous, because trust is part of the original humanity.  
And if the Negro were a little child, probably yyh1999 would trust him more. Why? Because a child, less distained by the society, is more likely to perform human’s original trait, that is to be good
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-29 23:48:49 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, the original humanity is evil.

It has been clearly demonstrated by yyh1999 and lesenhower, of courst there is no offence to them.

In their words, whether they are for or against  the view, they both use the exmple of a "NEGRO". As it is known to all, NEGRO is a derogatory name of black people. How can we belive that one’s original humanity is good when such a dirty word is being applied by  the persuader in such a natural way?

Thank you!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-30 10:42:38 | 显示全部楼层
It is hard to say whether  men are born bad or good. Sometimes I feel human beings are moral creatures with love, affection and sympathy,but sometimes not.Why?
  Cause men are not always doing good or bad anywhere,anytime and to anyone,and even the demons have their gentle side.And humanity is not something of innateness,it's what you wanna be. I think man,not only children, seems like empty paper, we can draw the most beautiful picture on it ,or we can spoil it without any consideration.It's all depend on yourself.I think the most important thing is you choose to  be a bad man or good man, and how hard you will strive for it. As some one said life is an act and a procedure, we can not judge anyone before he die.So everytime we have to ask and answer myself, and sometimes we may loose our derection,but it doesn't matter, as long as you have the enthusiasm and belief to be a good man,then,yes, you will be a good person.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-30 13:47:10 | 显示全部楼层
Is human nature virtuous?
   Should human nature be virtuous or evil on earth ? This issue has been disputed for many years . So far there is still no a conclusion which is accepted by all .
   Some people think that human nature is virtuous . Their reason is that a baby which is just born from his mother does not know how to do any evildoing . Some become evil as he grow up because he is influenced by . Moreover , in our present society the good is much more than the bad .
   However , others think that human nature is evil . They say , if you do not believe , please you take a look at papers or TV . The reports in them are filled with evildoings , such as homicide、robbery、corruption and so on . Nowadays , people kill each other for living wealth , intrigue against each other for power , compete for job . The examples like these are too many .
   In my opinion , I think that human nature has no the difference between virtuous and evil . It is just like a blank magnetic tape . If what recorded in it is good , it is a good magnetic tape ; but what recorded in it is bad , it is a trashy magnetic tape . Then , why a man has the difference between virtuous and evil ? The reasons , I think , are the environment he lived in 、the education he received 、the experience he suffered and so on .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-30 15:49:57 | 显示全部楼层
Hi ,my friends above!

to 叮叮糖:

you are so arbitary to judge that i'm not good in nature only by a word i quoted! i didn't change the word because i'm not sensitive to its connotation.since you pointed it out,i am glad to say "sorry" to him--look,my original humanity is very kind!

to dalangtaosha & yuwen007:

i have to say,maybe you two are not familiar with "debation".it's not like a "composition" ,which can be moderate and flexible.you must take one side,to be or not to be,no middle ground. as long as you have take a side, you must try your best to make it sound reasonable,something like a truth, even if you don't believe it at all in your bottom of heart.
such is called "debation".

that's all.thanku!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-30 19:18:53 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用lesenhower于2005-12-30 15:49发表的:
Hi ,my friends above!

to 叮叮糖:

you are so arbitary to judge that i'm not good in nature only by a word i quoted! i didn't change the word because i'm not sensitive to its connotation.since you pointed it out,i am glad to say "sorry" to him--look,my original humanity is very kind!

to lesenhower:

To say the original humanity is evil is not equal to that all the people are bad.
The original humanity is subconscious, which will not be uncovered until it is stimulated.
Looking down upon other people who may be a colored man or a poor, dirty one, etc, and believing someone is lower than you, these are all the  evidence of evil genius of our humanbeing. Is there anyone who is totally selfless? Absolutely not!

I admitted there is really something nasty in my heart, but I believe I've learnt how to conque it, to take myself far from committing  a  sin.

I really appreciate your argument lesenhower, surelly you are a nice guy, however, let's take our  view on human being in a whole.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-30 23:31:05 | 显示全部楼层
My view is that Humanity is kind
Men are cruel, but Man is kind. We should remember that we must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. First of all, Man is kind if only their fundamental wishes are satisfied completely, their wish for affection and security. Give people affection and security, and they will give affection and be secure in their feelings and their behavior. When it has left a place where we have always found it, it is like shipwreck; we drop from security into something malevolent and bottomless. The second, how much kinder, how much gentler he would be, if each man or woman could understand that every other human life is as full of sorrows, or joys, or base temptations, of heartaches and of remorse as his own . . . …. thirdly, people seek after friendship and happiness owing to their kindness. The sharing of joy, whether physical, emotional, psychic, or intellectual, forms a bridge between the sharers which can be the basis for understanding much of what is not shared between them, and lessens the threat of their difference Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind when we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace. Wherever there is a human being, there is a chance for a kindness. so , I say ,Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. The third is to be kind.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-31 08:40:50 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用liushijun于2005-12-30 23:31发表的:First of all, Man is kind if only their fundamental wishes are satisfied completely, their wish for affection and security. Give people affection and security, and they will give affection and be secure in their feelings and their behavior.

The word "if only" you used has revealed  a conditional human kindess.

If the original humanity is good, why you put the condition at the first point? If their fundamental wishes are not satisfied completely, what will happen then? and what will emerge? There is not doubt that the answer is evil.

Thank you for support our view in the first part of your statement, most of all, the wish of hunman being's is endless, no matter how fundamental it is.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-31 10:53:22 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用叮叮糖于2005-12-31 08;40发表的:The word "if only" you used has revealed a conditional human kindess.

If the original humanity is good, why you put the condition at the first point? If their fundamental wishes are not satisfied completely, what will happen then? and what will emerge? There is not doubt that the answer is evil.

Thank you for support our view in the first part of your statement, most of all, the wish of hunman being's is endless, no matter how fundamental it is.
i receive 叮叮糖's advice and ideas.thank you.[fly]
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-31 11:30:36 | 显示全部楼层
WMy view is that Humanity is kind [2]
Some people always ask themselves as follows:
hat can kindness do? Can kindness stop an army? Can kindness stem a flood of tears? Can kindness stop a fever? Can kindness bring happiness near? What can kindness do? Does the kind man stand a chance Against the terrifying advance Of cynicism, complacency and hate? Is the kind man far too late? What can kindness do? Can a woman help a stranger On a corner in his car? Can she possibly rearrange her Schedule? Can a woman stop a war? What can kindness do? Can an act of kindness find an encore? Can it start a kindness chain That yearns for more a more? Can kindness stop the pain? What can kindness do? Can a child give up her play toy To a child she doesn't know? Can our children be our parents? Can our children help us grow? What can kindness do? Can we flood into the streets And make our actions say The world is going to change And it's going to start today. What can kindness do? Can humankind be expected To say we're all connected? Can it be our only hope? Can it be our only hope? Can humankind...be both? What can kindness do?
Those questions prove one thing that they don’t believe Humanity is kind. There is a poem that tell us Humanity is kind:
How kind of you to hold the door
It's hard when you are old.
You helped me with the shopping bags
You have a heart of gold.
Kindness is a treasure free
It's free to you, it's free to me.
It helps us live in harmony.
How kind of you to spend some time
Just sitting here with me.
You make your old gran grin again
You make her laugh with glee.
It's free to you, it's free to me.
How kind of you to feed us birds
To help through winter's chill.
To give us scraps and nuts and seeds
So we can eat our fill.
It's free to you, it's free to me
How kind of you to play a game
And stroke and cuddle me
To give your pet a bed that's warm
Make sure I have my tea.
How kind of you to clean your room
And put all your toys away
And then to sweep the kitchen floor
And dust before you play.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-31 11:34:25 | 显示全部楼层
WMy view is that Humanity is kind [2]
Some people always ask themselves as follows: hat can kindness
对不起应改为My view is that Humanity is kind [2]
Some people always ask themselves as follows: What can kindness
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-31 12:17:58 | 显示全部楼层
To liushijun
All I want to say is that truth can not be proved by poems.

Thank you!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-12-31 13:31:26 | 显示全部楼层
辩论很热烈,气氛很好!

大家继续!!!!

顺祝愿大家新年愉快!!!!!!!!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-31 17:01:18 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用sddz于2005-12-31 13:31发表的:
辩论很热烈,气氛很好!

大家继续!!!!

顺祝愿大家新年愉快!!!!!!!!!!

谢谢版主给我们提供这个联系思辨的地方
也顺祝大家新年快乐!
小声的说,我也认为人性本善,但是我那一楼就是反方,没办法阿
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-31 18:15:53 | 显示全部楼层
why should human be kind or bad? when we see the younger tiger, we say he is cute, even though he kill others; however, when he kill human, we say he is bad. the concept about kind or bad is just defined by human. when the chirld is given to birth, he/she is just like the younger tiger, cute. where is the bad, or kind? he is just like the blank paper, natural without any awareness of kind or bad. there are two trends  about human nature: westerners or christians think human nature is bad because of the thought of sin, mainly from religious aspect, Xun Zi, thought human nature is bad, because the reality that human's inclination to interests. however, why should interests be a bad? nowadays, is interests a bad thing? on the other hand, confucians thought human nature is good, but they didn't provide a persuasive explanation, seems just because of the compassionateness of human. why won't human have good and bad in the meantime? when we say some one is bad, is he originally bad? meaning of good or bad nature is not about the definition of itself, the key is its meanting to the society. when it says human nature is bad, it suggests the institution should build a system to limit the power in oder to prevent the abuse, and individual rights can be guaranteed as much as possible; on the contrary, the thought that human nature is bad, stresses more the self constraint, however, how if those who don't do self constraint? in that case, individual rights will be violated without sufficient protection.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-1 06:10:22 | 显示全部楼层
This time I take the positive side. Why we say that the original humanity is evil? Why? I don’t think so. I believe one’s original humanity to be good. As a creature, man is born to be good, which accords with his normal physiological development and benefits him psychologically and then physically. A child, less distained by the society, is more likely to perform human’s original trait, that is to be good.
  To say the original humanity is good is not equal to that There is no bad person in  the world.The original humanity is subconscious, which will not be uncovered until it is stimulated.
I admitted there is really something strong hope  in my heart, but I believe I've learnt how to convice it.I really appreciate everyone take effect as an good person.and this world will be good.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-1-1 14:16:32 | 显示全部楼层
叮叮糖
  To liushijun
All I want to say is that truth can not be proved by poems.Thank you!
to :叮叮糖:dear friend ,i only want to give our disscution a few hints.we can debate this topic from the diffferent sides.in effect,only poets who are kind may write a lot of excellent poems.a poet who are cruel and unkind can not write a beautful and moved poems do you agree with me?now i give you a poem to prove ny idea. the rirst poem is " light"The night has a thousand eyes/ and the day but one;Yet the light of the bright world dies/with the dying sun. The mind has a thousand eyes/and the heart but one; Yet the light of the whole life dies/when love is done.the second is "somebody": Somebody did a golden deed; somebody proved a friend in need; somebody sung a beautiful song; somebody smiled the whole day long; somebody thought,“Tis sweet to live”; Somebody said, “I am glad to give”; I hope somebody is you.
now my dear friend,let us image how  one who is abscent of love and kind can write?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 19:47 , Processed in 0.443334 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.