搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 3221|回复: 29

[[小语种资源]] 第十一期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-4-29 21:49:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第十一期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

活动说明:
1.按照辩论要求,会员用英语发表对问题的看法,力求新颖,独到,发言以跟帖方式进行,发言不要太多,少于500词,严禁无内容灌水,同意或反对谁的观点都要说明白理由.灌水帖将不通知删除,多次灌水的会员扣1个威望,请注意!
2.活动暂时定为1周一次,待本次活动结束将对此活动规则进行完善.

奖励办法:
对勇于发言,观点较新,英语水平较高的会员由本版主综合以上几个方面评选出5位并各奖励1个威望.原来想只奖励论坛币,请求还没有答复,暂时以威望作为奖励,大家不要错过时机啊.希望大家积极参与.
对活动有好的建议的可以将建议写在活动规则置顶帖中.

评委:montana,sddz

声明:本活动最终解释权归班主.

辩论题目:现在的年轻人是否对政治信仰没有兴趣
讨论背景:年轻人歌迷,影迷,球迷很多,对政治似乎缺乏热情
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-30 14:05:28 | 显示全部楼层
Absolutely most of young people never pay any attention to political affairs. They look down on the scrub politicians, taking them as crap. They may think government circles are dirty, full of liars and cheaters. They would rather spend their time playing basketball or football, surfing on the internet, or immersing themselves in an amusing book. Many of them are familiar with Super Girls. Many young students from different universities all over China spent hours on the road so they could take part in this event, whether they had classes or not. It’s crazy? They say NO. If you talk about political situation in Iraq with them, then they will think you are insane, or you are totally an eccentric man. Other young people are busy working. They want more money. In their mind nothing is important than money. They are not willing to spend any time or energy on “useless” things. So they don’t care who the prime minister be, but they do care about the interest rate. In a word, politics doesn’t belong to the young people
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-30 14:27:11 | 显示全部楼层
I agree to the view talked about upstairs. But I want to supplement some .In a word, present young philtrum (include me) less a bit really for politics to keep in touch, I do not deny . However, if everybody cares about politics. Then, this topic of politics, will present in various occasions . For example: Young people have a get-together in , football match China or ten minutes in the break. Such being the case, just think this accords with young people's behavioral law ? Do not accord with very much according to I, because is really that these words will not have the so-called " young and limitless "! " whether I choose, I like " such pronoun in young people! Thus, young people are his own and free, but does not forget to care about this topic closely linked with country of " politics " .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-30 15:30:36 | 显示全部楼层
Do the youth lose passion to politics? Well, personally I do not think so, and I do not regard it as a good thing to care too much about politics in the current context of China. As the hint of the title tells us, young people care a lot about music, movies and sports. However, my opinipn is that, concerning the level of passion, young people do not seem to be more professional on music, movies and sports than on politics. I myself is a big fan of football, and a medium fan of movies. What I can see on the internet forums and in the real life is that, most people who talk about football and movies actually know very little about those fields. comparatively, though many youth do not want to talk about politics, when they do talk, they show knowledge about it, though often knowledge with deep prejudice. I believe that among the young people, there are no less "experts" on politics than "experts" on football or music. Maybe fans of politics do not look as crazy as music fans, but when they do demonstrate on the street, like the anti-Jap demonstration last year, they have significant effects, which should make the music fans blushing.

However, I do not think it is a good thing that young people pay too much attention on politics. Politics in China, is an issue full of lies, and it is a fact that freedom of sppech and publication is severely supressed by the government. In such a circumstance, unlike fans of football, who can get plural ideas about football clubs and choose according to their own belief, fans of politics are very difficult to get the inofrmation which the government is reluctant to let people know. Then two extreme attitudes are inspired. Some people support the government irrationally, while some else against the government irrationally. With this background, information about politics may just turn young people into either cynic or superficial fascists. There was a survey on Sina to ask people whether you will shot innocent children and women in the war if necessary, and most people choose "yes". That is the result of thinking too much about distrorted political ideas rather than the basic humanistic common sense. If the government just create an atmosphere that nobody like to talk about politics, and run with country with sincere elitist principles, that will be OK. In fact, I think that is even better than some populist countries (US, Russia, Venezeula, etc.) But the government often unresponsbly spread information with strong anti-US and anti-Jap sentiments (remember that the Ministry of Propganda monoplise the media so that little different voice can be heard), yet never do think reflectively whether they do better than governments of US and Japan, and they never have the gut to really split with the mainstream international society. Therefore, I believe that until true liberal and pluralistic ideas can be spread in China without deliberative distortion, the passion of young people on politics can only turn this country into danger.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-30 17:28:37 | 显示全部楼层
I think young people here in china pay little attention to politics. Just give you an example, if you ask a young man who is Zhou jie-lun or who is Yaoming, he may answer your question without hesitation, but if you ask who is the priminister of India, our neighborhood country of Asia, he may not give the right answer. Why? The only reason is he does not put any of his enthusiasm or have any interest in political affairs. He may devote all his spare time to watching basketball or football games, that is the reason that he is so familiar with the popular game stars, he may pay attention to the new songs, new movies even the new styles of haircut, but he does not take any interest in the change of political leaders of the most powerful countries.   
  In my opinion, there are many reasons accounting for this condition. Firstly, many young people have wrong ideas about politics. They think politics are dirty. Politicians are foxy. They chase their own interest at cost of everything. Secondly, young person do not know much about politics. In order to understand political affairs, they must have a solid background, for young people who do not study politics or international relationship; they just know so little about these. When they try to understand political affairs or give their opinions, they will find what needs to know is too much. But listening to music or watching games are much easier. So they shift their interest to these things instead of politics. Thirdly, individuals always feel powerless and helpless in participating political life. Because of inefficiency or incompleteness of political systems, young people find they can not affect or change anything; this situation makes them feel frustrated, they always say politics is not the game of ours, it belongs to the rich. They will give up there interest in politics. Finally, the government does not spend much energy on arising interest of young people or its efforts do not take effect.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-30 21:29:51 | 显示全部楼层
      I do not agree with the point of view that the yong people in the world have less politics.  For the reason,  In my opinion,  there are many aspect in the whole concept of politics,  such as:  economics,  science,  technoloy,  and so on,  of course including culture(especially idolater in  sportsdom or  amusementdom).

However, with the development of the world, people, especially young people ( including juniors student,  senior students, and college students). become aware of much of press comes into them just at the same time. so some young people pay a lot of attention to their work and have a litter time to care for news, in particular, politics. what makes them to be concerned about politics, from my point, we are now in peaceful time, the worle is relative calmness. People, especially young people who have more  momentum and stimulate mood wound not spend a lot of time on politics.

At the same time, other young people with good  word position may pay a lot of time in their interests, for example  economics(include myself), it is me. I almost spend two or more hour in reading economic guide line, not only for China, but also for world, nevertheless a little time is cost in politics. indeed, I think that there are many people like me.

Of course,  there are other reasons result in the status----many young people carless are politics. for example, if young people are concerned about politics, they will spend extracurricular time to be directly acquainted with the political affairs. but can not you think that, when they have work for a whole day, their body and mind are all tired, at this time, what the thing their want most  to do is to listen music or watch recreational program for have a good rest, but to understand the politics.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-30 21:44:30 | 显示全部楼层
Many people claim that politics is far from their life and they further claim that young people today are less interested in politics than in other things. However, such a claim hardly holds water.
    For one thing, politics , in its broad sense, finds its expression in every walk of life and every corner of the world. Take education in China as an example. The past ten years has witnessed an explosion in college student enrollment. The immediate consequence is that millions of college graduates flood into the job market and  many may not even get an average job, which will cause further social problems. Who can deny that these domino effects should be attributed to the new policies in education adopted by our government? And policy making IS politics.Therefore, politics exists just aroud you no matter you have interest in it or not.
    What's more, those who claim that young people lack interest in politics only have skin-deep observations. They jump to the above conclusion just because young people seem to be more interested in other down-to-earth things than in politics.Admittedly, most young people do not have politics as their life-long career and professional young statesmen are rare.Such low degree of involvement may not result from their indifference to politics. Anyhow, are there governments which wish to see all young men get involved in politics and criticize government policies all the time? Political enthusiasm in young people has  proved to be a double-edged sword in history.It is not difficult to detect young people's zest in politics. Ask any young man on the street how he thinks of corruption in China, you are sure to get a wonderful lecture, even better than most scholars who specializ in such reseach. A typical place you can always appreciate young political interest is the Internet, which abounds with pages and BBSes on political issues.Once I heard a rap (with flash) criticizing Chen Shuibian, the political leader in Taiwan, and that song was coposed by a college student in Nanjing.
    It is an ignorance to claim that young people today lack interest in  politics.People may not talk about something, but it does not really mean they don't give it a damn!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-1 11:30:11 | 显示全部楼层
For many young people nowadays, losing passion for politics is a widespread phenomena in our modern society. As we live in an increasingly complex and disenfranchised society we can  see that young people are less concerned with national politics. Is this true and if so is it because there is less to choose between the current political platforms? It seems to me that there is much less certainty about where we want society to go.Is this because we are generally more satisfied or because in an increasingly complex society the young generation can't clearly find  their defineable goals?
  However,Should one posses an unchangenable political vision,he will always look at things with a critical perspective and then be ready to get involved.Because competing with oneself and maintaining one's hard work has not been easy, young people in this generation should especially pay much attention to international and domestic  political events.
  A young man who is just interested  in movie stars and any kinds of such entertaimments will definitely become inactive in his own pursue for success.In other words,one must be cautious as not to indulge himself to the meaningless entertainments.
  After all ,one's passion for politics will also allow him to pursue his dream of being a successful elite.In my opinion,The youth should allow themselves to become passionate about politics and trust that their passions will carry them through the unpredictable future.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-1 14:44:17 | 显示全部楼层
Many people think that we young people care more about movies than politics.I would say that this point based on the fact that we don't talk about politics anywhere anytime as people did 35 years ago is reasonless. It's true that we don't talk about political events as much as we chatted about entertainments such as movies,music or something else. We don't talk about political affairs too much not because we are indifferent to them, but because we're more rational than our predecessors,and we regard politics as serious matter that can not be chatted about as entertainments.With the development of our country, we are suffering more pressure than our predecessors.So compared to our pedecessors,we have to pay more attention to our work. And we're not robots,we need entertainments to recover from tiredness after hard work.And of course,we need to make friends.But if we chatted too much about politics,we might be looked upon as maniacs and left alone.That's not what we want.So we talk about our hobbies.
If anyone wants to prove i'm wrong,just find me a college student who doesn't know that the war the United States launched against Iraq had impact on global economy.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-3 23:30:50 | 显示全部楼层
I have secretly engaged in the investigation that , in the 20s crowd,the little known Marx, a man said, aware that a large beard foreign old fellow. I asked him know what Marxism is, He said he is a leader, not linked together can and Chairman Mao (also good to know Chairman Mao). I asked him  where did he see that? he said in the wall of the village MMarx, Engels,Lenin, Stalin Arranges together. Now I understand, the reality in some rural areas, ther are esome simple feelings, in large cities, great man has been almost difficult to seek the trace.

I remember our young age, great man like everywhere in the wall. At that time,if we do not carry great man Badge,we were granted  not prominent for the political performancewhich is everybody cannot take on charge. That era is gone, prominent political, political matters, taking class struggle as the key link, which is not a normal social environment, the social life is distorted, is a forcible reunification political beliefs. History, society advances and technology in growth, and has shaken off a single way of thinking, whether they went to the other extreme : belief system, beliefs blank, beliefs crisis is? Is wrong?

Or group of young people over 20 years old, when I asked you most admired, most admired people who could not think of them offhand manner that the long string of names : Zhoujielun, Jackie Chan, Andy Lau, Zhengzhihua, Chow Yun-fat, English, Zhang Ziyi, Maradona, Bill. Gates, etc., I could not answer.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-4 15:28:58 | 显示全部楼层
Following My oppion,  I'd like to say that we young people do not care the politics. Even there are still some of them interested in it.

When we are still children, we can not understand politics. Later when we grow up, we have to go to school and our spare time is occupied by homeworks. After graduated,we have to work hard to earn money. So We can say young people have no time to care politics and the politics do not belong to our young people.

With the opening to foreign country, more and more funny things have been transfered to china,such as Extreme-sports,HIP-HOP, football,etc. There are more interesting than politics. So young people  like spend their time rather on them than on politics.

At last, another reason must be mentioned. A opening surrounding is must for young people to talk about politics but we lack. For example,when you communicate with QQ or MSN, you can not send out you message if it includes sensitive letters like chairman's name,Flungong and so on.

Anyway, we can draw a conclusion from above reasons that the politics is not belong to young people.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-4 15:35:07 | 显示全部楼层
It seems that the young are absorbed in all kinds of entertainments and consequently have become fans of pop stars, while present little interest in political faith. however,i don't agree with it from three aspects.

To begin with, the social context doesn't allow them for real free political discussion. No matter on internet or TV or newspaper, policital discussion are strictly controlled. in a word, there isnot a spacious room for the young to strongly express their political faith without reservation. They bear something rooted in mind, simply unable to outlet.
However, either the topics of song or movie are welcome everywhere. The bbs are used to communicate, the TV shows make efforts to advocate, the radio broadcast from day to night to influence. This loose context encourages young person to be fully engaged in them. This interest is seemingly blossom.

Secondly, peaceful life relax the common, especially the young. The attitude they adopted toward politics is much more mild than pioneers in times of wars.  Nevertheless, the mild attitude is dispproval of indifference to politcal faith. it means the young at present century are more rational and calm.

thirdly, the issue of politics are relatec firmly to national affairs. Therefore, it is fairy serious. when talking about political faith, we may announce firmly instead of screaming crazily; we may behave ourselves intead of showing ourselves; we may applause warmly with both hands intead of shaking heads and bodies with fluorescent sticks. The young are still interested in political faith, just perform distinctly from the past.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-4 21:16:01 | 显示全部楼层
It is the Chinese Youth Day today,as the Chinese young people,we must inherit and carry forward the glorious tradition of the May 4th Movement, and devote ourselves to the building of the country. I think that the terminal goal of the politic is to serve the public for the interests of the common citizens, The young people should pay more attention to the plitic and contribute to our country and our pepole as possible as we can.But most of young people never care for political affairs,they think it is the business of the politician; however we are the master of our country.We must do our best to work and study for our great homeland.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-5 19:47:12 | 显示全部楼层
From my standpoint ,everyone has his own  political belief,no matter he is young or old.
But  most of us don't want to talk about the politics.We have freedom to talk about the films,music,football and other  entertainment.So we see lots of young  films fans ,football fans around us,they have enough energy to talk about the things they like.But when it comes to politics,it's different .In my opinion,most of us (the young people )are too young to talk about the politics.For example,recently in my school,someone has been involved to the political affairs.You may ask why? What I only say it's in relation to eighty-nine. So we have interest in political affairs,but most of us talked about politics  is the internnational affairs and the news we see from the newspaper.  And we don't want to talk it publicly,for we are too young .
I believe all of the Chinese love our country,and want to our country  sronger and stronger.Thus we talk about the technology,the films or other things.But in our heart,wu care about the political affairs,we care about the Taiwan affair.we care about the Japan and American political policy to our country.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-6 08:40:00 | 显示全部楼层
I do not agree with the topic that there are no interests of modern youths in politics.
The available of television programme and the other visible information of the pop singers, pop actors and actresses and famous athletes attract the attention of most youth. The modern youths love them-the stars of different fields. They exhibit their charming beauty, their sexy, their strength and their marvelous skills from different alternatives. Their superior quality of certain aspects is what we, as youths today want to own. They drive us youths crazy. We want it badly. So during vocal concerts there would be people shout themselves hoarse. When see face to face with the celebrities in short distance youths would be crazy too. The celebrities are their idols. They admire them, respect them, and pay much attention to them. Even their work or studying would be procrastinated.
From the narration I give above, or the behavior of today’s youth, many elderships may draw the conclusion that today’s youth are less mature compared to them when they are young, so it is easy to consider that today’s youths are less interested in politics, they are always interest in something meaningless, which exhibit a trait of immature.
In fact, today’s youths care about the famous singers, movie actors and actresses and the politics. If you pay attention to the context of the discussion of the youths whenever they argue about something, the are always topics related to the politics of our country, even the world. Have you ever heard of the youths talk about something like this? The relationship between Japan and China; should we boycott the Japanese items. How the South Korea behave facing the outrageous activities of Japanese.
You will always hear that ,that means today’s youth care about the politics of our country. May they do not recognize some issues deeply.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-7 03:04:56 | 显示全部楼层
My opinion is that now days, most young people do not like involving in political affairs.

First, due to the complicated politic situation both at home and abroad, politic affairs is too much difficult to understand, and the different people and experts have different opinions on the same issue, even different countries have their different stand

Second, the most important thing for the youths is how to survive in the world, so their first target is to find a job to gain earning to maintain the necessary living for food and accommodation. If the young people have no food to eat, no room to sleep, how they can have the politic passions?

Third, if young people have no problem for livings, so they may have much more easy and interesting choice than politic issues. They can be fans for sports, fans for famous singers or actors/actresses, even fans for some TV shows/programs, they can get happiness through their interested filed.

Finally, young people are always the fashion chaser. They are pay more attention to the fashion activities to avoid any out-dated which just meets the youths mind.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-7 15:19:23 | 显示全部楼层
I don't think the reason of young people do not talk about politics is less of interesting.
As we all know  young people are fond of talking about idea ,and everyone are eager for power,they wanna other to accept their oppion,wanna get the respect from other people,and in many ways to the power,politics acts as the most traditional way ,so in most people's instinct they are crazy for politics (such as many people join the entrance exam to civil servant,although they think the circle may be dirty ).
And why young people avoid  to talk politicis nowadays?
I think there are  several reasons.
First of all,the shadow of the history, several decades ago ,the  liberty of speech is limited,and you will get some serious punishment if you say some sensitive speech,so in home and in public space people ,shut you mouse up became the habit,and the habit pass down to the later generation.
second is  education.In school,we can only study the political idea of Marx,and the teachers are aviod to talk political ideas of other masters,so the horizon of us is too narrow,so many young people is short of tools when they want to analyze some situation.
the third and the last is our goverment.Because of the serious international and civil situation,
our goverment do not encourage us to talk about politics,just as some  words are forbidden in many  software or webs.And some people's action exceed the limit we should  abide,aggravate the worry of our goverment,so goverment is doubtful for young people 's ability of judgement,then discouragement goes on.
above all are my opinion towards the problem.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-7 23:22:52 | 显示全部楼层
Certainly, many young people of today lack political belief. One important reason is that they care more about personal loaves and fishes in consume society, and have less universal solicitude and mentally seek. For example, quite a few university students join in the CCP when they are in campus, but the motive of some is only for individual material gain——adding some weight when they go for a job, helping themselves find a job that can provide more salary and welfare.
As far as song fans, movie fans and ball fans of today is concerned, I think they also reflect the affect of commercializing to young people, of course, in the culture domain. A very interesting phenomenon is, the ball fans before expressed their emotion of patriotism by watching games, while many ball fans of today do the same thing as song fans and movie fans do——pursuing stars. Many girls like Beckham, not because he plays well but he is very handsome. But all of these can’t form belief obviously, they are only interesting.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-8 16:37:44 | 显示全部楼层
Regarding this question, I feel ambiguous, because, as a communist party member, my political conviction has not achieved  that high level by far. I care about the the unification of motherland , also cares about the newest tendency of American , but, I thought this by far is also insufficient, recently, President Hu Jintao, proposed eight glory eight shames, I thought this has the significance very much. As the new generation of motherland future constructor, we will have to have to achieve know eight glory, bright eight shames. As in the school graduate student party member, I should observe President Hu Jintao to propose deeply loves the motherland to deeply love people and so on
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-8 20:13:24 | 显示全部楼层
    I think that more and more young people pay little attention to the politics,because the people is loving amusement or sport and so on.if you ask the young people the most of young people like to watch amusement or sport programme,they never like to watch politics programme,if the TV play politics programme,they switch off the TV at once.forthemore,To talk about politics among young people become fewer and fewer.
    there are many reasons accounting for this condition. Firstly For the young girls become to like star such as actor or actress for example Zhou Jie Lun is adored, and so on.they never like politician.second,For the young boys become to like star in sport,such as Yao Ming or Liu Xiang and so on, they never like politician too
    For me,I am twenty-six old now,I haven’t interest for politics faith,I haven’t interest for politics at all,now,I am a teacher,I only see the newspaper about national affair in leisure.
    So,I think that the young people spend a few of time in politics,because it’s not until to develop society that you know about the national politics you suit the society quickly and well
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 06:06 , Processed in 0.467671 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.