搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 2120|回复: 21

[[小语种资源]] 第十二期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-5-21 09:12:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第十二期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

活动说明:
1.按照辩论要求,会员用英语发表对问题的看法,力求新颖,独到,发言以跟帖方式进行,发言不要太多,少于500词,严禁无内容灌水,同意或反对谁的观点都要说明白理由.灌水帖将不通知删除,多次灌水的会员扣1个威望,请注意!
2.活动暂时定为1周一次,待本次活动结束将对此活动规则进行完善.

奖励办法:
对勇于发言,观点较新,英语水平较高的会员由本版主综合以上几个方面评选出5位并各奖励1个威望.原来想只奖励论坛币,请求还没有答复,暂时以威望作为奖励,大家不要错过时机啊.希望大家积极参与.
对活动有好的建议的可以将建议写在活动规则置顶帖中.

评委:montana,sddz

声明:本活动最终解释权归班主.

辩论题目:如果发生战争,中国现在的实力可否战胜日本

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-21 12:06:32 | 显示全部楼层
I absolutely agree that China will beat Japan if there is a war between two countries. My consideration is based on the China’s current situations on military, economy, and education, compared with that of Japan’s.

To begin with, China has the largest land military force in the world. As far as I know, China’s land army force is much stronger than that of any other nations in this planet, including U.S. England and Russia.  Japan even does not have a formal army, except one so-called national defense force. As far as the number is concered, the number of China’s army is about 1000 times of that of Japan. This will guarantee an absolute success for China’s army.

Secondly, China has more powerful economical and political influence than Japan in the world. Once the war starts, China’s government would call its people refuse to buying any products made in Japan, and to watching any movies produced by Japan. This will destruct the main economical source or even its economical infrastructure. Without sufficient economical support, Japanese will be unable to produce more military facilities, which are essential for a war.

Besides, China has a more than half of century’s experiences of teaching people to hate Japanese. One adage says that “Hate is the best weapon to beat enemy”. Once the war starts, the hate possessed by every Chinese will become the best weapon for Chinese people to beat Japanese.  More than one fourth of the population in this planet will hate Japanese, the UN will request  Japanese administration dismiss automatically its own government. By then, every Japanese will be shamed of being a Japanese, most of them will commit suicide before they are killed by Chinese army. All in all, I believe, China will beat Japan .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-21 13:31:20 | 显示全部楼层
Suppose there is a war between China and Japan now, I believe that China will win without much effort. In the era of nation states, war is essentially a combat of comprehensive national power, especially industrial productive power and military power. Although there are a lot of criticisms anout the inudstries of China, one thing cannot be doubted is that China has one of the most developed industrial powers in the world. The low production and income per capita does not count in a war. What counts is the total production. Concerning the military side, China has the largest army in the world. Although the technique may not be as good as Japanese army and navy, the distance should not be too far, and could be compensated by other advantages. In contrast, after the defeat of World War II, Japan was not allowed to have a formal army, and its defence power was strictly limited.When considering about the military experiences, China is absolutely in advantage, since the Chinese army has exprienced several wars after World War II, while Japan has never been allowed to participate in in ternational intervening actions organized by other democratic countries. Moreover, China has nuclear weapon, which may not be used at all, but nonetheless a thing influences the enemy's decisions considerably. Therefore, though may not be as easy as imagined, I think China will win the war with Japan after all. Of course, that is based on the premise that it is a war between only two countries. Other unforseeable factors may affect the final result, but that is another matter.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-21 13:46:29 | 显示全部楼层
 I also agree with 1 building the view, China will defeat Japan.
 If has a war to erupt between two countries. Who starts a fight who is losing first, the war is fearful suffering.
 Who can hope goes to war? Perhaps has, but is compelled.
The Chinese people have received the war misery, cannot go to attack other country on own initiative. If the real occurrence war, I thought that also is Japan shoulders. The human does not violate me, I does not violate the human. If really makes war, the Chinese people meet the decisive battle which righteousness does not have returns attends to!
Again, likes the maxim which in the building that friend quotes: The "hate is the best weapon beats enemy". Once the war starts, The hate will have by each Chinese becomes best military employs according to ability the Chinese people to beat the Japanese. In addition the reform and open policy brings the economic basis facility is a backing. I believed that, China must win!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-21 18:04:31 | 显示全部楼层
I agree with travis above, Suppose there is a war between China and Japan now, I believe that China will win without much effort.

After the World War 2, there are many conflicts between China and Japan and the relationship between them are becoming more and more tensional. We know, the 1937 Nanjing Massacre. In which 300,000 people were killed, was described as the result of “heavy resistance” from the Chinese army. After Korea’s and China’s protests, Japanese textbooks got a lot more accurate, but that process may be reversing itself. They still describe the Nanjing Massacre as an “incident”. All of Japan done already has put every Chinese people into angry.

The orther hand, The Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi visited the Yasukuni shrine each year after his coming to power in 2001. China, along with other Asian countries all hate it, they think Japan isn’t really sorry for actions in the war. Japan should really recognize the brutalities and other historical misdeeds done to Asian countries and say sorry to Asian countries honestly.  "hate is the best weapon beats enemy" is right . Once the war starts, The hate will arised by each Chinese and the other people of Asian countries and becomes best military employs according to ability  to beat the Japanese.  

In addition China has more powerful economical ,that will help china to to produce more military facilities, which are very important for a war .

All of all, I believed that, China must win too!

that is all, thanks a lot!
回复

使用道具 举报

sant 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-5-21 20:07:38 | 显示全部楼层
In the risk of being labelled "HanJian", I would like to emphasize several our disadvantages when a war is broken out between China and Japan.

To begin with, we need plural voices which can help us make better strategic decisions, especially in China. I notiecd that all the posts above uniformly think that China will win, i.e., so far this is a one-sided debate. (It is mostly the same in the last debate. http://www.readfree.net/bbs/read-htm-tid-172485.html) However, "War is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence on no account can it be neglected." (quoted from "Art of War" by Sun Tsu) Courage and hatred is far from sufficient to win a war in hot weapon time. In fact, it is of reverse effect for most of the time, just as we can see in Iraq and Kosovo.

In the second place, war is a kind of competition of "comprehensive power" between two nations, which includes not only military power, but also their economic and technological levels. Of course, there are radically different views when comparing the military power of China and Japan. But one thing is certain: Japan is the second largest economy in the world, which is about 4 times bigger than that of China. That's why Japan can afford a yearly military expenditure of $41.5 billion in 2004, which is 1.62 times bigger than that of China.

All in all, I think maybe we will lose a conventional war against Japan, but in the presence of neuclear weapons, we need not fear any war blackmail. We can have a narrow victory in the end. Nevertheless that is a Pyrrhic victory.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-22 00:14:10 | 显示全部楼层
I strongly recommend everyone notice the view of the building above.
I must notice everyone that China is the victory nation in the World War II, can all of us say that we have got the complete victory? No, we won the war with the help of the Confederate State and huge national sacrifice. It is sarcasm to us that we won the war with no soldiers to touch the island of our enemy. For that, the Japanese don’t admit they have defeated by Chinese in their heart.
First, there is no need to have blind optimism. When a war breaks out with Japan, I believe we can win at last, but with higher cost than our enemy. We have to acknowledge that Japan has the world first class navy, advancer technology, the second largest economy in the world and etc.
Second, after the winning of the war, we will have to eradicate militarism in Japan, making Japan changes completely with the model of German.
Third, the most important, all of us have to do something for our country, working hard and study hard, so we can reduce the gap between our nation and the developed and finally avoid the breaking of the war.
回复

使用道具 举报

endnote 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-5-22 04:35:08 | 显示全部楼层
I fully agree with Sant's point of view above. Here I would like to supplement two more examples.

The first one is YiHeTuan Campaign, which is also called "Boxer Uprising" in China history. Economic and political exploitation of China by various Western powers and Japan and humiliating military defeats in the Opium Wars arose resentment. In 1900, many Chinese nationalists revolted against foreigners with the ultimate objective of expulsion of all foreigners from our homeland China. They were all patriots with great courage and hatred, but still defeated by the Eight-Power Allied Forces armed with modern weapons.

The same truth applies in the case of Palestin and Israle.

"Courage and hatred is far from sufficient to win a war." Afterall today is hot weapon time, we must have a cool mind to make the right judgement.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-22 10:54:53 | 显示全部楼层
I absolutely agree that China will beat Japan forever in between two countries.As a reault,I think that the reason have three aspect.
    Firstly,Chinese have a strong volition,In The Second War,I think that China defeat Japan by dependent on Chinese’s volition,in the that time,China is very lag on military, economy, education,and so on,but China gain victory eventually in the second war,Chinese is incredible that they can gain victory in the that circumstances.
    Secondly,China has more powerful economical and political influence than Japan in the world.If the war was to start, then China government call its people refuse to buying any products made in Japan,Japan’s economy became lag an once,then,they hav not money invest military.
    Thirdly, China’s military become stronger and stronger by economic develping.
    In a word, I think that no people like war,include Japanese or American and so on.because war bring a lot of misery for people, including somatic and spiritual,for example,a lot of friend and relationship people would were separated.some people would died in the war.
    Finally, I think that China is most strong in the world,Any country cann’t defeat China forever.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-22 11:12:04 | 显示全部楼层
Needless to say, China are bound to win the war if there were a confrontation between China and Japan in the near future. The conclusion is not arrived at from the perspective of patriotism, but from the combination of different factors.
Firstly, the past 20 years have seen an increasingly powerful China economically and millitarily. Though China's GDP has still been behind that of Japan, Japan has experieced a decade of economic ressesion and the downward trend has not been reversed. The day is not far away when China surpass Japan as a powerful economic country. By the way, we also don't expect it to revive its economy and we may do something to prevent it and will hurt ourselves.
Secondly, China's millitary also undergoes a rapid development in the decade. The millitary modernisation including artensils and strategies gives the world a shock. The oriental lion indeed has waken up. Especially China has successfully sent manned spacecraft into the space. This shows China's defence power has reach a very high level. All these empowers the Chinese armies to beat Japan without many difficulties needed.
thiedly, the Chinese people always has a history that the unbelievable unit in the front of the enemies. such power of unit is sure to be the greatest weapon of all. It looks like the Chinese great Wall, persitence, confidence, and courage.
All in all, supposing teh war is yet to begin, the little Japan may give in though there are some damned so called warriors.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-22 17:04:14 | 显示全部楼层
I want to say, China now is not the sea powerful nation, but Japan and China, are not a scale match, simply said, Japan does not match Chinese.Japan have limits in the missile , the American lord does not dare to let him continually have, feared he instead effects. Therefore Japan as soon as discusses China and Japan to war is comes a ship to the ship, airplane to airplane, submarine to submarine. The Japanese most major problem is does not have the strategic depth, now our country have 300 missiles treats Japan year to year. The missile biggest advantage is cheap, when need supplements the speed quickly, moreover the might is big, hits the goal to be able to let opposite party discard.
Japan leans the national strength to make "901" the fleet is the marine living target.  If East China Sea makes war between China and Japan, our fighter plane was equal to the main house gate mouth combat, the Chinese on land anti-aircraft strength does not need me to say much? With cannon principle same level status. Again looked East China Sea Fleet equipment, missile speedboat also good, cruiser also good, submarine also good, all highlights "the ball" the character, the anti-air capability is not weak, very is also strong to the ship.
Coordinates the ground-based missile, a turn of saturation attack, the land, sea and air on is uneven, ten thousand balls fire, two hours destroy completely also really have the possibility, what a pity, are not China, are the Japanese navy are destroyed completely. The Japanese Italy is so obscene also has his truth. In politics, Japan chose has rigidly adhered to the American thigh the procedure,but China and America associated the processing thing already surpassed Japan.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-22 20:21:26 | 显示全部楼层
If there is war that takes place between China and Japan, undoubtedly China will defeat Japan . However, i think it will not  so easy as  what several  persons  said before.

First of all, a  absolute predominance that China can defeat Japan is: There are much more people in China. Perhaps someone will think this viewpoint is very strange. In fact I think people are the biggest resources , in the war is not exceptional.
Secondly, China wins will not be very easy . there are still  economic disparities between China and Japan, China's science and technology also falls behind Japen very much. As for military power, though Chinese army has much more number of people, but the people's quality is not so high.  'endnote' refered to the  "YiHeTuan Campaign", it is said that they did equiped good weapons, but they did not konw how to use them, and the morden weapons became the enemy's booties. Furthermore,the  Chinese serviceman's salary is too low now, and it is difficult for the soldier to support the family, and army is lack of appeal to outstanding talents, the morale will not be too high naturally . In addition, the a hotspot news recently about our army, an vice commander in chief of navy Embezzled 160 million and was sentenced to the death penalty with reprieve, so there is also  corruption in our army .

Finally, the war takes place in China and Japan, U.S.A. will intervene , and thise will temporize the time of war  and bring greater loss to China. but certainly,  China can win the war finally.
回复

使用道具 举报

endnote 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-5-22 21:12:42 | 显示全部楼层
So far, I did not see any persuading arguments or data from my couterpart.
Here I would like to commet on some replies above:
引用第11楼xiaohan_zh2006-05-22 20:21发表的“”:
'endnote' refered to the "YiHeTuan Campaign", it is said that they did equiped good weapons, but they did not konw how to use them.
I made those remarks because several articles above think that China will win because "Hate is the best weapon to beat enemy".
What's more, one of YiHeTuan Campaign's famous slogans is "DaoQiangBuRu". (Please referring to http://news.sina.com.cn/bbs/2006/0222/13513887.html) I don't know what is your infomation source.
引用第11楼xiaohan_zh2006-05-22 20:21发表的“”:
There are much more people in China. people are the biggest resources
Still in YiHeTuan Campaign's case, in 1900, China had the largest population in the world. But it is not of much help.

引用第9楼tycoon2006-05-22 11:12发表的“”:
The day is not far away when China surpass Japan as a powerful economic country.

Japan's economy is about 4 times bigger than that of China. Supposed we can double our GDP in 2020 as planned, our economy will be half of that of Japan's today level.

Just as fish2000 said, we need no blind optimism. Awareness of gap between China and Japan will help us build up our "comprehensive power", including military power. While blind optimism will not.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-23 16:32:57 | 显示全部楼层
of course yes!!!!!it is not hesitate to answer this question with any doute!!!!!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-23 20:53:31 | 显示全部楼层
i have not a sigle idea what will happen then...
as it is rather not practical to considering a kind of war between strickly two nation. maybe within one nation is more plausible. in current time, nations, continents are more ralative in both economic and political aspects, especially for China and Japan that are both big powers in the world.
even in WWII, USA and USSR kind of interfered into the war between China and Japen in China. if there would be a unrest time in east asia now, surely USA will get into to help their alliance, maybe Rassia or other European or Aisan countries will also step in, all nations will try to maximam their advantage...
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-24 15:45:00 | 显示全部楼层
First of all, I have to say that the theme of our debate is very hot.
If hostilities broke out between the two countries, the final result depends. Why? I would rather to say it depends on the locus where the war carries through.
If our PLA went out to Japan for a battle, I am a little worried about our Navy. Just remember we do not have our own aircraft carrier and how about the energy supply! Not to say when the war started, the US Navy won’t just look on. The US and Japan have come to an agreement that before the year 2008 the US Navy would send a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier to Japanese sea area. So we must increase the power of our Navy.
If the Japanese dare to invade our mainland, then I just burst into laughter. During World War Two, it took our nation 8 years to defeat Japanese. But please notice that at that time our nation was frail because of the fatuity of the Dynasty Qing. Now China is becoming more and more powerful. We have made our own nuclear weapons, and our economy develops with each passing day.
In a word: we Chinese people love peace, but we will defeat any aggression!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-25 12:17:24 | 显示全部楼层
As a chinese man, I am strongly belive that we will win the anti-Japan War!

Frist, our land area is greatly larger than Japan. Once the war start, we have more buffer to win the war. Just like last century, we can last 8 years to win the definitive victory. On the contrary, Japan is too small to eliminate the war's impact. Once the war started on Japan island, they will have no way to beat a retreat.

Second, the supply chain of Japan is much more depended on outside than our's. If the war cannot be finished in a short term, they will hard to get enough replenishments and must lose the war!

At last, another fact must be mentioned is that Japan had committed too many crimes last century. Our national emotion is greatly hurted and we are eager for vengeance.Once the war start, all chinese will hold up weapons to fight without any hesitance.

All in all, we must win the war between two countries even we expect peace!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-25 13:20:42 | 显示全部楼层
Most people said China would win Japan if there was a war between the two countries. This is our hope and every one in china hope so. But, we should keep in clear- headed. In fact, there is some possibility that China loses the war, even we all hope that we would beat Japan and win forever.
To begin with, more and more Chinese people show their interests in business, in money, so they pay little attention to politic affairs, even some of them have forgotten the anti-Japanese war. What they think, say and act is money, money, money!
Moreover, some Chinese people are in low morality. For example, two years ago, there were several Japanese men in a big city of china and were for sex with a group of Chinese women. That day is the Memorial Day of Events about September 18 in 1931. You may say several inferior women account for nothing. But I should say, it is a instance for some Chinese people’s attitude to Japan. Do you remember that a famous actress Zhang ziyi, take picture with Japanese man for a sex scene? What do you say about that? In addition, Japan developed their martial force while china cut our military force. Technology is an important fact in deal with invading. Our country’s technology mainly depends on other countries. So I am afraid that we have few advanced arms to take up the gauntlet. As result, if Japan, associating with America, attacks China, China would be passive position.
As for me, I strongly hope we defeat Japan and kill all the invaders from Japan. I dislike Japanese goods, hate those ever attacked China. If really a war takes place, I will take part in army to defend our country, our people. But, we should say the condition above mentioned. We do prepare for a war from that devil country.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-27 11:07:43 | 显示全部楼层
Japan is unworthy of becoming a Chinese rival

Japan's biggest problem does not have strategic depth, all under the circumstances that the Chinese guided missile is covered including body and the buttocks. That type of Chinese guided missile calls more than one now, how many nearly all kinds of valiant generals are of it is far, 300 are facing toward Japan throughout the year now. Everybody says too little, it is not enough to look, is a bit fewer, because it is not wartime now. Can run up in wartime. The greatest advantage of guided missile is cheap, supplement is fast while needing, and the might is great, one hits the goal and makes the other side scrap. Little Japan incline " 901 " that the national power makes the fleet is maritime live targets.

I think that the great warship doctrine of the war needs in the future , but does not occupy the strategic position , it should be a strategic tactical missile that occupied the strategic position, strategic bomber, nuclear-powered submarine and space army in the future. What function does big warship play? A maritime policeman, deal with the local conflicts , control the maritime traffic, by the way show that imposing in the big country . Place the main national power on the big target exactly similar to aircraft carrier, really begin to fight, there are not strategic arms that are supported , ask you to be too late to cry. Is the aircraft carrier policy of U.S.A. affective? Hard to say. My view, the thing that a guided missile made him scrap, burn the thing of the money , can't look on as main force . Think so I it 3 ships the getting more enough too in aircraft carrier to take China,three sea every one, it is essential to throw too much on here.

Small Japan the same strategic arms any have, he big fleet whole can bully the third-class country too wholeheartedly. China and Japan if East China Sea make war, fighter plane of us equal to house gate fight, does not the antiaircraft strength by land in China need me to say more? With the equal position of cannon doctrine. The outfit of thinking in East China Sea Fleet and then, the guided missile one is good too, the cruiser is good too, the submarine is good too, all stress a word of " playing ", antiaircraft ability is not weak, very strong too to the warship. Cooperating with the land-based missile, a saturation attack, the navy , army and air force have together, ten thousand plays the neat hair, it is still very possible to kill in two hours, it's a pity, it is not China, it is a Japanese navy that is killed .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-5-27 14:21:11 | 显示全部楼层
Althougt I do not hope there will be a war between China and Japan, the war is all the depletion of resources to both . But if there is a war, Chinese can win, The reason is very simple—Chinese population quantity compares the Japaese much,and The chinese territory area is big. The military tactics of our great leader Maozedong still very useful! Someone said this viewpoint:If Japan invades China,The Japanese will be assimilate by the Chinese.The history enunciation of several thousand years in China:There is no reason our will lose!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 05:51 , Processed in 0.389025 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.