搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1833|回复: 2

2004TEM8翻译考题

[复制链接]
hazeleyes 该用户已被删除
发表于 2004-3-8 00:00:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
partIV
在人际关系问题上不要太浪漫主义。人是很有趣的,往往在接触一个人时首先看到的都是他或她的优点,这一点颇像是在餐馆里用餐的经验,开始吃头盘或名冷碟的时候,印象很好,吃头两个主菜时,也是赞不绝口,愈吃愈趋于冷静,吃完了这顿筵席,缺点就都找出来了,于是转喜为怨,转赞美为责备挑剔,转首肯为摇头。这是因为,第一,开始吃的时候你正处于饥饿状态,而饿了吃糠甜如蜜,饱了吃蜜也不甜。

partv
  For me the most interesting thing about a solitary life, and mine has been that for the last twenty years, is that it becomes increasingly rewarding. When I can wake up and watch the sun rise over the ocean, as I do most days, and know that I have an entire day ahead, uninterrupted, in which to write a few pages, take a walk with my dog, lie down in the afternoon for a long think (why does one think better in a horizontal position?), read and listen to music, I am flooded with happiness.

(I am lonely only when I am overtired, when I have worked too long without a break, when for the time being I feel empty and need filling up. And I am lonely sometimes when I come back home after a lecture trip, when I have seen a lot of people and talked a lot, and am full to the brim with experience that needs to be sorted out.

Then for a little while the house feels huge and empty, and I wonder where my self is hiding. It has to be recaptured slowly by watering the plants, perhaps, and looking again at each one as though it were a person, by feeding the two cats, by cooking a meal.

It takes a while, as I watch the surf blowing up in fountains at the end of the field, but the moment comes when the world falls away, and the self emerges again from the deep unconscious, bringing back all I have recently experienced to be explored and slowly understood,) when I can converse again with my hidden powers, and so grow, and so be renewed, till death do us part.

()括号里的是要翻译的部分。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-3-8 00:00:00 | 显示全部楼层
why does one think better in a horizontal position? 为什么人平躺着时,总会想些美好的事物呢?
I am lonely only when I am overtired, when I have worked too long without a break, when for the time being I feel empty and need filling up. And I am lonely sometimes when I come back home after a lecture trip, when I have seen a lot of people and talked a lot, and am full to the brim with experience that needs to be sorted out.

Then for a little while the house feels huge and empty, and I wonder where my self is hiding. It has to be recaptured slowly by watering the plants, perhaps, and looking again at each one as though it were a person, by feeding the two cats, by cooking a meal.

It takes a while, as I watch the surf blowing up in fountains at the end of the field, but the moment comes when the world falls away, and the self emerges again from the deep unconscious, bringing back all I have recently experienced to be explored and slowly understood
     只有在我过度疲劳 , 或者我已经持续工作很长时间,或我觉得空虚并且需要充实的时候,此时,我发觉自己很孤独。有时孤单的情绪也会出现在我的一次演讲旅行之后回家的时候,在那种时候,我要面见许多的人,讲许多的话,并且做好了随时被挑中的准备。

忽然间,感觉房子空荡荡大了许多,奇怪自己躲到哪儿去了。在给植物浇水的时,甚或再看看它们是不是一个活生生的人时,或喂二只猫,准备一顿美餐时,才会慢慢重新审视自己的存在。

这也就是一瞬间的事,当我看着自来水在水池边渐渐涌起,此时虚幻的世界忽然消失了,自己又从这种迷茫意识中走出来,重新回到刚经历的现实及清醒的自我中来。

以上是本人胡乱翻的,让hazeleyes 兄见笑了,请斧正。
回复

使用道具 举报

hazeleyes 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 2004-3-9 00:00:00 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,我翻译的也不是很好。fountains这里不是指水池,是“我”浇那些花草(plants)时用的花洒。

这片英译中确实有点难度。有时间再弄.sunmengsi翻译出太体的意思了,呵呵。
哎,终于考完了TEM8了。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 14:08 , Processed in 0.291753 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.