注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 5555|回复: 2

[[求助与讨论]] 我试翻译的英语幽默短文

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-8-22 21:52:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
我试翻译的英语幽默短文,来源美国Reader's digest, 请笑纳

1. The owner of a small travel agency saw an attractive couple gazing at his travel posters. Suddenly inspired, he ran up and told them his idea. “I will give you an all-expenses-paid vacation in exchange for appearing in ads endorsing my agency.” They agreed on the spot.
一个小旅行社的经理注意到一对俊男美女正在看他的旅游告示,忽然他灵机一动,于是跑上前去,把自己的想法告诉他们:“我将提供你们旅游的全部费用,交换条件是你们的形象将被我用到旅游广告上。”他俩同意了。
Three weeks later he met them at the airport. While the man checked on their baggage, the travel agent asked the woman about the trip, “The food on the cruise ship was wonderful,” she said, “and flying the concorde was a thrill. But I do have one question. Who was that man I had to sleep with everynight.”  
三个礼拜后,旅行社经理到飞机场迎接他们,当那个男的去检查行李时,旅行社经理就问女的旅行感受如何。“游轮上的食物很好吃,”她说,“┅太刺激了,不过我还有个问题:我必须每天夜里同床共眠的那个男人是谁呀?”

2. One of the toughest graduate courses my sister took at Johns Hopkins University in Maryland was business economics. Once, the professor was discussing the theory of supply and demand. “I am selling A`s for 50 cents,” he said, “Who wants to buy one?”
我的姐姐就读马里兰州的约翰•霍普金斯大学时,最难对付的课程之一包括商业经济学。一次,教授在课上讨论供需理论,“我将A分,起价50 美分,”他说,“谁愿意出钱买?”
Every one raised a hand. “My price just went up to $25.” Three hands came down. The professor continued to raise the price until just one woman`s hand remained in the air.
每个人都举起了手,“价格将上调到25美圆,”三个手放下了,教授继续提高A分的报价,直到还剩下一个女人的仍旧高高地举着。
“A`s now cost $1000,” he announced. The hand stayed up. “You still want to buy an A?” He asked in astonishment.
“A分现在卖1000美圆,” 教授宣布,那只手依然不放下,“你还想买A分吗?”教授很是吃惊问她。
“Oh, yes,” the woman replied, “My husband bet me $ 10000 that  I couldn`t get an A in business economics.
“哦,是的,”那个女人回答,“我的丈夫和我打赌10000美圆,说我商业经济学不可能得A分。”

3.The philosophy final hand many blank pages for the answer to one question:  What is courage? Most of us wrote frantically, giving examples, expounding on theories. But one of my classmates turned in his essay with just two words on it------THIS IS.
  He received an A
  在哲学考试试卷上,留有大量的空白只为一道答题:什么是勇气?我们大部分的同学都疯狂地答题,举出例子,扩展理论。但是我的一位同学交上的试卷上只写了两个字——这是
  他得了A分!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-8-22 23:41:44 | 显示全部楼层
┅=乘座协和式飞机?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-8-23 13:04:57 | 显示全部楼层
不错,楼主加油
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-6-4 10:12 , Processed in 0.341628 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.