找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1312|回复: 4

[[求助与讨论]] [原创空间] Learning to Be Doctors!

[复制链接]
发表于 2004-8-13 22:01:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
这是本人在上英语写作课时写的一篇议论文,不周之处,还望各位书友予以斧正,以达到共同进步之目的!(自认为写的还不错,老师也给打了个满分。 [s:9] )

As medical graduate students, we all have learned medicine for many years. But, do you really know how to become a doctor, a genuine doctor? In my view, learning to be doctors, we must have noble medical ethics, exquisite medical skills and persistent spirit.
  Because of the speciality of our work, I firmly believe that one can never become a good doctor until he becomes a good person. First and foremost, a competent doctor should be a honest, responsible and caring person, and to heal the wounded and rescue the dying must become our common belief. To say it in details, a physician shall be dedicated to providing competent medical care, with compassion and respect for human dignity and rights; a physician shall uphold the standards of professionalism, be honest in all professional interactions, and strive to report physicians deficient in character or competence, or engaging in fraud or deception, to appropriate entities; a physician shall respect the rights of patients, colleagues, and other health professionals, and shall safeguard patient confidences and privacy within the constraints of the law; a physician shall support access to medical care for all people.
  Yet, a responsible doctor without excellent skills is not a competent doctor, either. Contemporary medicine is challenging, exciting and dynamic. Countless new discoveries are making their impact on medical practice, with the development of many new therapies, involving not only drugs, but also treatments arising from research in electronics, nuclear physics, genetics and molecular biology. So, in order to keep pace with the times, we must try to master the most advanced theories as well as techniques. We must update our knowledge and skills throughout careers.
  Unlike most other jobs, becoming a doctor requires more time and training. Take foreign doctors as example, it usually takes at least 11 years to become a doctor: 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, and 3 years working in a hospital. Becoming a doctor is a long, arduous, expensive process that can only be accomplished with great dedication. In addtion to this, where there is a patient, there is a doctor. You must be ready for seeing patients at any time. So, those without enough persistent spirit will never become a successful doctor.
  Medicine is a rewarding career; however, being a doctor involves a lifetime of learning. Firmly remembering the oath you have taken, working hard and training your qualities, you are bound to become a noble, excellent doctor.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-8-14 02:51:33 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢杏林春暖对外语学习版的原创作品活动的大力支持!
谢谢你的参加!希望大家多多交流!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-8-15 21:49:43 | 显示全部楼层
杏林春暖 ,really glad to see your writing here and I  appreciate those real good doctors ,though I' ve always been having bias on them----it seems that i mistook too much^_^

Just for your reference:

As medical graduate students, we all have learned medicine for many years. But, do you really know how to become a doctor, a genuine doctor? In my view, learning to be doctors[In order to be doctors], we must have noble medical ethics, exquisite medical skills and persistent spirit.

Because of the speciality of our work, I firmly believe that one can never become a good doctor until he becomes a good person. First and foremost, a competent doctor should be a [an] honest, responsible and caring person, and to heal the wounded and rescue the dying must become our common belief. To say it in details, a physician shall be dedicated to providing competent medical care, with compassion and respect for human dignity and rights; a physician shall uphold the standards of professionalism, be honest in all professional interactions, and [shall] strive to report physicians deficient[physician deficiencies] in character or competence, or engaging [engagement]in fraud or deception, to appropriate entities; a physician shall respect the rights of patients, colleagues, and other health professionals, and shall safeguard patient confidences and privacy within the constraints of the law; a physician shall support[give] access to medical care for all people.

Yet, a responsible doctor without excellent skills is not a competent doctor, either. Contemporary medicine is challenging, exciting and dynamic. Countless new discoveries are making their impact on medical practice,withthe development of many new therapies, involving not only drugs, but also treatments arising from research in electronics, nuclear physics, genetics and molecular biology. So, in order to keep pace with the times, we must try to master the most advanced theories as well as techniques. We must update our knowledge and skills throughout careers.

Unlike most [of] other jobs, becoming a doctor requires more time and training. Take foreign doctors as [an] example, it usually takes at least 11 years to become a doctor: 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, and 3 years working in a hospital. Becoming a doctor is[such] a long, arduous, expensive process that can only be accomplished with great dedication. In addtion to this, where there is a patient, there is a doctor. You must be ready for seeing patients at any time. So, those without enough persistent spirit will never become a successful doctor.

Medicine is a rewarding career; however, being a doctor involves a lifetime of learning. Firmly remembering the oath you have taken, working hard and training your qualities, you are bound to become a noble, excellent doctor.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-8-16 11:53:23 | 显示全部楼层

A Good composition!

When judging the quality of an article, most teachers will first of all highlight the structure of it.
I think it is well arranged and very successful, though with a few minor mistakes.
According to my experience, 杏林春暖 should be one of the top students in learning English
among his/her classmates.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-8-16 22:51:01 | 显示全部楼层

谢谢各位热心的朋友!

I appreciate you very much for your enthusiastic amendment of my essay as well as excess praise of myself!  By the way, the following sentence (a physician shall uphold the standards of professionalism, be honest in all professional interactions, and strive to report physicians deficient in character or competence, or engaging in fraud or deception, to appropriate entities) is quoted from "rinciples of Medical Ethics" revised by American Medical Association.
  Let's tyr our best to learn and master English together!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 09:11 , Processed in 0.307913 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.