找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 515|回复: 0

[[资源推荐]] 雅思口语考试全解析

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-1-8 22:34:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
雅思口语考试与其他考试(如四、六级,托福)相比别具特色。同时它考试时的一对一状态(即一个考官考核一名考生)无疑为雅思口语考试增添了几分神秘而紧张的气氛。事实上,雅思口语考试是一个非常“友好”的考试,它的题型设置形式多样,能够充分考查考生的真实水平,所设问题也都是大家颇为熟悉的话题。本文就是从雅思口语考试的题型及内容设置上进行的考试分析,相信考生读完后,能够对雅思口语考试有更真切的了解,同时也增加应试的信心。

★雅思口语考试概览

★雅思口语考试三部分解析

Part 1
  在进行Part 1之前,考官会介绍自己并确认考生身份,然后打开录音机,报出考试名称、时间、地点等考试信息。考生可以利用这段时间尽快让自己熟悉考场环境,并稳定情绪。考试开始,考官会试着帮助考生克服紧张心理,因此通常以十分友好的方式开始提问,如:Good morning. My name is Andrew. Can you tell me your full name, please? What should I call you? OK, can I see your identification please? Nice day, isn’t it?...。
  接下来,在Part 1开头,你可能会被问到以下列出的至少一个话题:
  (表2 ) Part 1 一开始可能出现的话题
  你的工作和学习
  Studies: Subjects studied, Why you’re studying, things you like/dislike about your course, what qualification you will gain, etc.
  Job: Main responsibilities of job, things you like/dislike about it, etc.
  你的姓名、家庭和家乡
  Your name: who gave it to you, any special meaning, etc.
  Your family: family member, location and appearance of your family home, etc.
  Your hometown: where is it, notable features, weather, etc.
  在谈完家庭、工作或学习后,你可能会被问到两三个有关你或你的个人背景的一般性问题,这些问题可能包括在下面列出的话题中。
  (表3 ) Part 1 紧接着可能出现的综合性话题
  兴趣爱好:Hobbies and interests, shopping and fashion, reading, music and TV, sports and exercise, etc.
  地域文化:Holidays and Festivals, wedding, food, punctuality, transport, etc.
  语言学习:How long, most difficult aspect of language learning, etc.
  这部分有时也会出现与第三部分类似的、趋于抽象性的问题,如“What do you think about fashion?”或者“What can be done to improve public transport”等。但绝大部分问题都是考生相当熟悉的话题,考生应尽可能充分地回答考官的问题——即提供有效的额外信息,这样可以让考官对考生的口语能力有一个好印象。例如,考官问到你这个问题:
  Have you got any brothers or sisters?
  看下面两种答案:
  a) No.
  b) No. I’m the only child in my family. But I have three cousins that I grew up with, so I never felt lonely.
  很明显,b)答案更好,因为它包含了一些额外的信息。
  再比如下面这个问题:
  What do you do in your free time?
  a) I like watching TV.
  b) I love to watch TV in my free time and ... I like celebrity talk shows most, ’coz you can always learn something from them.
  答案b)显然要比a)更完整、更充分,也能更好地展示出考生的语言水平。
  当然,考生在试图将答案拓展时也应注意自己给出的附加信息必须与本来的问题有关联,而不能牵强附会。就逻辑而言,下面这四个方法都是比较不错的补充额外信息的思路。
  考官的问题:Do you want to learn a second foreign language other than English?
  a) 连接到其它信息:I’m planning to study French and go to France someday.
  b) 给出原因:I’m planning to study French because I feel it will be useful when looking for a job.
  c) 提供细节信息:I’m planning to study French which is such a beautiful language.
  d) 表达转折:I’m planning to study French though I’m having enough trouble with my English already.
  可见,这四条思路都可以帮助考生补充更多相关信息,而考生也应该在日常练习中有意识地去运用这样的策略,直到补充附加信息成为一种习惯。

Part 2
  在这一部分,考官会给考生一张话题卡、草稿纸和一支笔。考生有1分钟的准备时间去迅速筛选信息,根据话题卡上的具体问题,记下几个想要表述的重点,然后作答。接着考官会根据考生所陈述的话题,再问一两个直接相关的问题。这部分话题仍然是考生所熟悉的:有描述人物的,如2005年上半年考到的“一个你最熟悉的小孩”,“一个最喜欢的电影明星”等;也有描述事物和经历的,如比较新的题目——你想买的贵重物品,或传统老题——广告、野生动物等等。
  Describe a teacher who has greatly influenced you in your education.
   You should say:
   Who the teacher is
   What subjects he/she taught
   What was special about him/her
   And explain why the teacher influenced you so much.
  这里有一个值得考生注意的问题,即话题中的细节问题一般遵循由表及里、由浅入深、由描述到解释的原则。考生在作陈述时首先要引出主题,以确保陈述达到规定的时间并基本符合提问要求,另外,答案应尽量覆盖所有问题,同时又有所侧重,做到有头有尾,详略得当。考生可以将这些要点写在草稿纸上,如:
  Mr.Chen Li/spirts/nice,national volleyball team/encourage students/interested in everyone/never give up
  接下来考生可以根据这些要点做1~2分钟的发言,量化地讲,实际上就是作一个200字左右的口头作文。例如:
  The teacher that really influenced me a lot was Mr. Chen Li. He was the sports teacher when I was in high school.
  He was in his thirties at that time and I’d say all my classmates admired him because he was kind of hero to us and also because he was very nice. As far as I can remember, one thing that was special about him was that he’d been in the national volleyball team. I don’t think he ever actually won a medal or anything like that. But for us, just the fact that he used to represent our country was really something. Actually, he was a very good teacher, very responsible... and dedicated... you know.
  I guess the thing he taught me was kind of a fighting spirit. I mean he always encouraged us to do our best in sport, even if we were terrible at it. He used to say “It doesn’t matter if you win or not. The important thing is to do your best and keep going? He also taught us a lot about... health... and maintaining a positive attitude towards life. And compared to other teachers, he seemed to be more interested in everyone. Luckily, we still keep in touch and I often go to see him on holidays.

考生说完后,考官会根据其所说内容提一两个追加问题(follow-up questions),如在所举例题中,考官可能会问:
  a) Do your classmates like Mr. Chen, too?
  b) How much time did you spend on sports classes every week in high school?
  这些问题是一个很自然的收尾,考生不需要展开回答,简要作答即可,然后开始进入第三部分。
  第二部分的话题范围如表4所示,可以大致分为四类,每一类的具体话题众多,而且不断有新的话题涌现,考生没有时间,也没有必要把所有的话题都准备一遍,因为同一类题目中要求用到的语言能力和语言资源可能是相通的,考生可以把握住它们的共性,以不变应万变。以人物题为例,不管是电影明星,还是邻居或者家庭成员,虽然每个具体的个人不同,但在描述他们的时候都要用到描写、评价和解释的语言能力,也都要用到描述人的特征(身高、长相、年龄等)和性格特点的词汇和句子,因此考生只要具备这些基本的语言资源,精心准备几个有代表性的题目,考试的时候做到头脑冷静,反应敏捷,即使遇到没有准备过的题目也照样可以纵横捭阖。
  下表是笔者为考生精心准备的Part 2常见话题汇总:
  (表4 ) Part 2 常见话题汇总
  人物题
  family member, friends, film stars, sports star, nerghbor, leacher, happiest/successful person, child, a character in a TV program or a film
  地点题
  rooms and buildings, a place you would like to visit, a natural beautiful place, lake or river, shop, supermarket
  物品题
  a gift, an old object, an expensive thing you want to buy, a vehicle or bike you want to have, a card or letter, a way to relax, a special meal, a dish TV program, film, advertisement, abook, a website, a subject, newspapers or magazines
  事件题
  sporting event, family event, wedding, long-distance trip, important change, happy event in your childhood, a story you heard when you were a child, first day in school/at work
  Part 3
  在Part 3中,考官会要求考生回答许多与Part 2话题有关的问题,可以说Part 3是Part 2的延伸,但是这一部分的问题又趋于宽泛、概括和学术化。第三部分的问题就形式而言,有很多是关于回顾过去、描述现在和展望未来的,如:
  How has education changed in your country in the last 10 years?
  W学生在回答这些问题时应特别注意正确地使用动词时态。此外,第三部分还经常考的题型有:
  做比较:How do the expectations of today’s school graduates compare with those of the previous generation?
  评价优缺点:How beneficial do you think it is to group students according to their level of ability?
  解决问题:What can be done to solve the problems in your educational system you mentioned just now?
  阐明标准:What qualities are required of a good teacher?
  考生在关注题型的同时,还要注意储备一些必要的句型结构和词组,比如在评价优缺点时经常会使用到的句型和词组有:
  The main advantage is that...
  But in my opinion the real disadvantage is that...
  One thing really positive about ... is that...
  However,
  On the other hand,
  Etc.
  这些清晰的结构可以引导考生去理清思路,使答案富于逻辑性。
  具备了组织结构的基本技巧以后,考生还要准备一些必要的观点(idea),因为光有一个空架子是绝不能算言之有物(informative)的。观点可以来自于考生的常识,而考生也可以针对雅思的内容去网络上(如海外的新闻网站或搜索引擎google等)搜集素材,或者平时多关注一些英文报纸(如China Daily或21st Century等),以了解新时尚及新资讯,让自己的语言素材更加鲜活。那么Part 3最常考的主题是什么呢?其实它们也都是时下人们普遍关心的问题,大致可以分为这四类:
  (表5 ) Part 3 常考主题
  1. 科技对人类生活方式的影响
   Computer’s effects ,Communication tools, Internet
  2. 对待传统的态度
   Preserving traditions (architecture, handicraft, festivals, cooking, etc.) The importance of cultural events
  3. 社会问题及政府责任
   Education / Environment, wildlife conservation, pollution / Public transport / Celebrities?role in society / The ethics and qualities of journalism / Advertising / TV’s effects on children and family / Censorship
  4. 个人情感及人际关系
   Family, generation gap, friendship Human nature (happiness, etc.), older people and children Gender differences
  Part 3的具体问题可能纷繁复杂,但其背后的实质性问题绝大多数都可以在上表中反映出来。比如你在Part 2谈完自己喜欢的房间后,考官可能会在Part 3中问你Is it a good idea to work from home? 或者你在Part 2谈完自己想买的贵重物品后,考官在Part 3就可能问你What do you think of shopping online?不难发现,两个问题看似不一样,而实质都是在讲现代科技对人们生活方式的影响,因此探讨的角度和使用到的语言素材是大体相同的,都可以参考这样一个思路,如下表:

经过分析上图中的信息,考生就可以灵活应对可能出现的任何跟科技和生活方式有关的问题了。
  综上而言,这些方法都是短期内可以用于冲刺的应试方法,而想要在口语考试中真正体现出自己的口语实力,还有赖于考生们在平时的学习生活中不断地扩充自己的语言素材并把它们付诸实际的长期练习。
hat changes do you foresee in the next 50 years?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 05:35 , Processed in 0.328594 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.