找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 60|回复: 0

[[语言学天地]] English Short Story — Where to Go

[复制链接]
发表于 2023-3-7 15:16:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

John, Doe , andJane sit in the corner, carefully stare at Madam Cat and Elle. Every time whenthey look at each other, there seems to be a invisible lightning happeningbetween those two female. Other three little cats have a horrible feeling : awar has begun.
“Please explain, ”Madam Cat demands, “why did you stop me from getting Queen ligature? ”
“Because you have no rights to do it. ”Elle says calmly, “Queen has her right to have a baby. ”
Madam Cat’s hair nearlystands up, “Rights ! How can a human have right! They don’t even havecognitive feeling! Does Queen understand what is children? ”
“Yes she does. ”Elle affirms, “Human all do. There is many human children and human mothers. Queenmust understand what is a mother when she really becomes one. ”
“Alright, ”Madam Cat seems like trying to calm herself down, “let’s all step backone step, are you going to take the responsibility to take care of Queen’s children ifshe really has one? ”
“Yes, I will.”Elle nods.
“No, you will not. ”Madam Cat grins, “You don’t even know how to take care of yourself. I will not take care ofhuman children, neither do your siblings know how to do. ”
“I know how to take care. ”Elle insists. “I am not a child any more. I am 3 years old. ”
“Talk to me again when you are in my age, girl. ”Madam Cat stands up, “So this is the deal. I will call the doctors to come again, becauseyou don’t have the ability to take care of your own responsibility. ”
“Mother! ”Elle rises to her toes, “This is not something you can revise! Once you’ve done it youare done with it ! Don’t you care about Queen?  ”
“Yes, I do care about Queen. I see her as one of our family member.That’s why I am going to take her through the ligation, for her sake. ”
“No. ”Elle shakes her head, “You’re not doing this for her sake. You are doing it for your sake. Justbecause you will not have to afford Queen’s children. ”
Elle runs out tothe garden, where Queen is sitting quietly in the corner.
Elle quicklytakes her chain on the neck off, leads her to the main door, “Go! Go ! Queen !Run! Run out of here. Go somewhere else. ”
Queen looks ather with confusion in her eyes, but Elle doesn’t explainfurther. “We are running out of time, hurry up, run! ”
“What are you do- Elle! ”
Madam Cat chasesout after Elle, immediately she sees Elle and Queen standing in front of themain door, and Queen is free without chains on her neck.
“What do you wanna do - ”
“Queen, run! !”Elle shouts out , interrupting her mother. Queen finally runs out,quickly and fast, her silhouette soon disappears in a corner.
“Never ever come back ! ”Elle shouts, leaves Madam Cat in astoundment .

……

That night, astorm comes. Windows and doors are shaken by the storm, rain drops plays alongwith a horrible sounds.
Elle can’t sleep. She isa little bit regret now. How can she chase Queen out in such a horrible night?Is she doing fine?
Elle suddenlyfeels she has an immediate need to see Queen’s room onceagain to make herself relieve. She quietly rise on her toes, heads towards thegarden.
The rain is soheavy outside that she can’t see things clearly. She can’t even moveproperly in such a heavy rain. However, just in a sudden, she sees somethingvague moving inside the rain. Will it be Queen? She ignores the terrible storm,runs out into the rain.
“Queen! Why are you back? ”
It is Queen ,not to Elle’s surprise.
Queen shakes her head, puts her paw on Elle's paw, looks deep into Elle’s eyes.
For the firsttime Elle thinks she truly understands Queen. Her eyes are saying,
“I’ve had nowhere to go. ”
_____END______

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 14:25 , Processed in 0.276644 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.