注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 5116|回复: 61

[[小语种资源]] 庆十一有奖辩论

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-9-29 19:19:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
题目:
which is more important nowadays, beauty or money?
要求:发言者必需立场鲜明,只许赞成或反对一方。不能两方面都赞成。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-9-30 10:31:14 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, the choice between beauty and money will be the latter, which is money. The reasons will be given as the follows.
Firstly, money can buy beauty nowadays. We have already heard much suchlike news about artificial beauties now, who become beautiful by cosmesis. Although the gene can not be changed for the technique, the appearance will have a complete difference from the original, and it is said the face can be like anyone you want to be. How wonderful! Just with one condition, however, one must pay a great amount of money for such a operation. So, if we have money, it is not a difficult thing to get beauty. Although there is a little pity that our genes are still kept the old ones, won't anyone else be blind at the little facts?

Secondly, maybe you will say money can not buy time, youth, or anything else. But the fact is also true for beauty: no one can always keep her/his beautiful faces, whatever one tried to do it; however, if one takes enough care for his money, one can always possess it, or even more. From the fact, we can conclude that money has a good feature that beauty has not. And the feature can make money more useful for ourselves than beauty.

Thirdly, for many occasions, beauty just becomes a tool to gain money, and the one who own beauty has to use all kinds of tricks in order to own money too. Only for this point, we can believe money is more important than beauty. Even without saying that one who owns money always can occupy the important seat, do what they want to do, and make rules which they will take advantages of. For that, money even can give a new standard to define what beauty is if only its owner want.

Then, can we say money is not more important than beauty now?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-9-30 13:42:42 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, the choice between beauty and money will be the former, which is beauty.  money is only a method which people make use of,and il is a process。We have already heard much suchlike news about artificial beauties now, who become beautiful by cosmesis. Although the gene can not be changed for the technique, the appearance will have a complete difference from the original, and it is said the face can be like anyone you want to be. How wonderful! Just with one condition, however, one must pay a great amount of money for such a operation. So, if we get beauty,we need not so many money。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-9-30 21:15:52 | 显示全部楼层
IF I MUST MAKE A CHOICE BETWEEN BEAYTY AND MONEY,I THINK BEAUTY IS MORE IMPORTANT .

BEAUTY WILL BE WITH YOU ALL YOUR LIFE .
I like money .if i don't have money ,i can live freely.I must work hard, and try to make more more money.BUT money is not necessary.Little or much is ok,if you live merrily.

IF you don't have beauty ,both the beauty of spirit and outword,you can't live happily.
SO ,if i get both beauty and money ,i will be glade.if i do make a choice between beauty and mone ,i choise beauty.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-1 09:52:34 | 显示全部楼层
I prefer to money.
We cannot live without money. Because we must possess certain money at first, could we buy food, clothese, even life. We have seen so many poor people who struggled in their miserable life.  
Nowadays face-lifting technology is so advanced, if you have enlough money wo can do all kinds  of  face-lifting surgery. So with money wo can have beauty too, but without money we have nothing.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-1 14:17:00 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, beauty is more important than money
Indeed, money is an indispensible part of our life, yet the purpose of all our efforts is not money itself at all. Money is just a means, through which we try to pursue the end, that is, the beauty of life. So we can say it is a pity that one who tries every means to earn money, finally does not stand a chance of enjoy the beauty of life. He has been reduced to the slave of money. So beauty is what we must pursue.
Money is always there if you keep trying to gain it. However, beauty is not ever-lasting or even bought by money. So it is of great importance to keep the temporary beauty and protect it and worship it and remember it. Compared with beauty, money is a piece of dust, worthless and valueless.
Beauty is not based on money and money only injure its gladiance. Beauty is the source of engergy, power, greatness, depth.
Beauty is all we seek, we pursue, we aspire for.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-1 16:39:05 | 显示全部楼层
As far as I am concerned, I think money is critical. The following reasons demonstrate my idea:

Firstly, as Mr. tsfrank (first floor) said, one can use money to improve one's face, body and so on. If you have enough money, you are free to decide what is your appearance, even your gender. Therefore, from this point of view, money can produce a varity of beauties. Once you are unsafisfied with your appaearance, you can use money to change it.

Secondly, money can support your life for ever, while beauties only exist in a duration of your youngth. As we know, when we get older and older, the beauty does not belong to us any longer. Although we can improve our appearance by medical measure, it is only improved to some extent, not to the original status. However, money is neccessary for every body to live. we want to eat, want to travel and want to marry. What can we do without money?

Last, money can save one life, but beauties can not. When someone suffers from a disease. He has to pay money to treat his illness. No one heard that beaties can bring one back to a good health. What's more, money provides you free decisions to do what you like. How can beaties do. As Mr. tsfrank mentioned, money  can buy beauties sometime.

For a word, money is more important that beauties.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-1 17:20:40 | 显示全部楼层
Hello everbody, I hate money in my mind but I must to say money is more important than beauty.
This is a material world, just like a chinese slang says that don't have illness but have money. It's sure that money isn't all-purpose but you can't do anything you want to do without money.
What's beauty? Beauty is composed of 30% looks and 70% primping.  I think nobody will say a  beggar is beauty even her or his face is good looks.
Beauty is based on material, of course based on money.  So, everyone who want to become more beautiful must struggle to make enough money first. I hope everybody here will be beautiful and rich at the same time.
Happy national day!
回复

使用道具 举报

sainnt 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-10-1 21:34:15 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, beauty is more important than money,too.
We are also aware of this view. I have never denied the importance of money. However, it can not be enslaved by money, right? You can have a lot of money, but not money-being Is this wrong? People need to earn money, but not just for the sake of money, money, which is wrong? I  think : money, it must be necessary, because to solve the problem of existence. but,it is not important.so our hearts, not put more money in a dominant position by her enslavement, we should adhere to the belief in beauty, benevolence, the money or solve other problems as a means of survival, rather than the ends.   
Money, not the objective. Means. But this society, too many people regard it as a problem. So money is the basis of beauty, you should pursue beauty? Or is the intention of money? I must clarify this point.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-1 22:58:13 | 显示全部楼层
as far as i'm concered money is much more importan than beauty for the following reasons.
primarily we know as the development of science and technology, it is no longer for a people to become more beautiful by using modern medical means, for them, the only potential problem is that if they have already got enough money . so we can see money is so powerful that it can buy you beauty. some may say if you are beautiful enough then you can get money by trying to become someone.that is quite true but it prove at the same time how powerful the money is. if only you get beauty your next aim unavoidably will be money, then why not get directly the ultimate aim, that is the money. you may protest but you can't avoid the fact that many people try any means to get enough money including becoming more beautifl. so why hesitate? just begin to get what you realy need---the money
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-2 11:56:09 | 显示全部楼层
This agumentations is interesting itself. I have thought about it for a long time. It's not just a simple individul phenomenom. It's involed the whole society.
     Admit it or not, most affluent people nowadays have their origin. They either have rich parents or highly connected. With the money and connections, they could go to key schools all the way from  kindergarten to college.
     They are made outstanding! They have no pressure neither for family or job. Rich people could do anything just for their interest. Even all these failed to make one outstanding, he could still invest to stocks, projects or real-states. Money will roll to him after all.
    With the money, they could make themselves beautiful, decorent and attractive.So rich people always lead a wonderful life. Of course , the inner spprit is not discussed here.
    Now let's turn to beauties without money. They could also make themselve better off by making full use of their appearance  as a modle, a dancer or a star.But notice that ,it's not easy and rather hard for them to be one though.
    Beaties flood the whole planet, nature of man-made. So it risks to give up their brain but appearance to struggle in this realistic world.
All we could see is the shining big names out there, but there are millions more are still struggling their lives.
    Here comes the conclusion. The end of become beatiful is to get a better life,that means to get more money. So money is far more important than beauty.[p:5]
回复

使用道具 举报

pochung 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-10-2 18:43:13 | 显示全部楼层
Tell the truth, I don’t think the most important thing is money or beauty. But if I must choose between beauty and money, I prefer the latter.
Firstly, money can buy beauty nowadays. With help of high technological equipments, many operations of cosmetic surgery can be carried out. So we need not to be surprise to  hear suchlike news about artificial beauties that become beautiful by operations. Making up and daily tendance  can make one to look more beautiful and energetic. Nowadays, there are so many kinds of cosmetic products   to be chosen and orthopedists can help you change your appearance, if only you could afford them.
Secondly, money can buy many other things but beauty improbably can do. If one has enough money, he can get education and study knowledge and many skills, he can travel and visit many places, and he can enjoy doing anything good for him or good for other people. Maybe you will say some times one can find good job and gain a lot money if he has a beautiful appearance, but this happens only for some few occupation, so money’s function is much stronger.  
Thirdly, money can be stored and continue for many years or forever, but beauty is not permanent.  Money can be invested and make much more money if one makes a good investment, and beauty can by no means continue many years, because becoming old and died is natural law.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-2 21:29:42 | 显示全部楼层
As far as I am  concerned,I  believe that  money is more important than beauty.

Nowadays, if you have no money or just have little money, you will have no  happy

life .     

We have to admit that This world  is a material world, we can't live a happy life

without  enough money.We need money to  realize our all kinds of  plans.

but  What's beauty?  Where is beauty come from ? I think  beauty come from  looks,

education  and  dressing. You won't have the beautiful appearance if you have no

money.

In a word ,money is much more important.  

Perhaps you will say that ,if I choose a girl as  my  wife ,I will choose the richer

one ,not the beautiful one . You are wrong.I will choose a kind and clever girl who loves

me deeply as my wife .because  I can make money by hand , beauty will be lost

sooner or later,but  the kindness will be eternal.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-3 22:20:00 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, beauty is more important than money.

In our socialty, material things are more abundant than before, we do not worry about the food and habitations, money is not the all things we pursue . For our country became more and more wealthy ,we care more about our suroudings and spirit needs.
A city  attract pepole most is not the how wealthy it is ,but the beautiful scences .  The same thing is that we are  willing to living  with pepole who are kindness and beauty than a ugly but  wealthy people.
With the development of our society we may perfer beauty than money, and through our endeavours  our country will become more and more beauty in the furture .
回复

使用道具 举报

mickey_s1 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-10-3 23:32:46 | 显示全部楼层
As to myself, I prefer money.
When considering others, I wish they are all beautiful.
The reason is quite simple.
First, I, with enough money, can afford everything that I like, though I don't believe Love can be bought by money.  This will satisfy my private ambition.
Second, as others are beautiful, they will be more likely to show off their beautifulness, therefore, more needs are required which can be supplied according me.
I like to do such things to help others.
Third, the society will be fed with money and beauty, then there should be more consumption that accelerates the development of all the aspects of the society. I think this will do good to everyone in the world.

One way should be attentioned--economy decides the upper level.
This is the theory that we have very learnt ever since we are children.
Therefore, bread is the first-----refer to money.
As Adam Smith had side years before, that human in nature is composed of two parts--
that one part is greedy when earning money,
and the other part is ultuism, which means to be ready to help others.
---these are the most simple way that I'd like to explain.
The latter one means that whenever you have enough material stuffs,
you are eager to acquire sth basing on human's kindness.
In this way, the sth refers to beauty which will satisfy people from the bottom of one's heart and smooth one's passion.

therefore, I prefer money when thinking about myself,
I perfer beauty when considering others.
I wish everyone will be wealthy enough.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-4 20:39:44 | 显示全部楼层
It is generally belived that which is more than important nowadays,beauty or money? is a hot topic which is widely taked about both at home and abroad.
       when asked about it  ,different people will offer different opinions .Some people take it for granted that beauty is everything .People can easily have a good work,boy friend and so on.But ,as far as I am concerned ,I am in favor of  that money is more important nowadays
      First of all,we can not think any more ,unless we have enough money .If a man have no money to eat,he can do nothing .Besides,we can make ourselves more healthy with money ,even save our lives.An illustration will make the point clear .An man died from bleeding in the emergency department ,because he can not support the money for operation.
      Taking into account of all these reasons,we may reach the conclusion that money is more important!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-5 09:18:19 | 显示全部楼层
Money really that important? Yesterday, the students met online, I asked a very worthwhile thought.   
    If a thoughtful, handsome, romantic, money which four different types of boys in front of you what you would choose, she told me that before the election, so the sentence : You said that the world is not very realistic. I said yes. She said she selected the type of money.   
    I am not surprised, in reality many of these girls, this is not their fault, but now the community is really very realistic, but the reality is always so cruel. Finally, I told her that if girls ask me to choose I would choose a content, gentle also good.   
    Do not know who changed the life, or changing the way people live.
    In short people are bound, if it is before the election, I will do a very beautiful girl of my girlfriend, I think the election is not necessarily to grow quite beautiful girlfriend, as long as they do not feel uncomfortable on the list, the most important thing is she good, but you love. I may be experiencing changes to the different experience of life, and really let us have different values.   
    Marry a rich boy who could not be wrong to give a rational answer, after 10 years or more to answer the question might be more accurate.   
    Perhaps that time, I will be very rich (in the dream?).
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-6 06:43:33 | 显示全部楼层
I think money is most important, money is basis , no money ,no blessedness.
the contemporary era,we cannot left the money outside , everyone must depend it .
In my opinion , we must own  much money enough , we just have a fortunate family and life .
It is a realist.
ok!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-6 10:59:37 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion,  beauty is more important than money.
Beauty  is the access to money ,  to chance.
Beauty is the fortune of life  which can make you succeed  more easily.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-6 15:30:40 | 显示全部楼层
This agumentation  is too simple:Money  is so important nowadays!
One wordn:no  money,you  can live,you can life,and you can beauty?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 12:04 , Processed in 0.461910 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.